THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tom
A couple of weeks ago i posted a cook using my Trail Embers drum smoker with my Rotisserie ring from mt Weber kettle. I liked it so well I decided to add mounts to the barrel of the cooker. I ordered a mounting kit from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HV8ANTM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 drilled some holes and cut a slot and I now can use the rotisserie on the drum along with the hinged lid. There is also room on the upper grate to smoke some ribs or whatever fill fit and I still have the lower two grates for a drip pan or anything else I want to cook. Tonight I will spin a spatchcoked chicken and bake some potatoes. I have to make some covers for the slot and hole for when I want to use it as a smoker.
20200906_105854.jpg

20200906_105906.jpg

20200906_105917.jpg

20200906_110111.jpg

Excellent idea, and execution. My Weber ring will fit on my barrel, now to decide what to spin!

Matt
My Angelfire ring also fit on the barrel of the smoker but it leaked some and also I had to remove the hinged lid to use it. This allows me to add the rotisserie without removing the lid and seals much better. I think you will really like using a rotisserie on your drum. I put a spatchcocked chicken on about 45 minutes ago and have the drum running @ 350. I just added some baked potatoes so now the wait.
20200906_160940.jpg

Chicken cook was a great success. The wife really liked it. This time I used a mix of Kingsford BBB and some Royal Oak and did not add any wood for smoke flavor. I let the drum settle in until all I had was thin blue and it was running @ 325. It was very windy and I could not get it above 340 so I hooked up my Q-master Senior controller and set it for 350. It then held steady until the end of the cook. I used a drip pan and also had a pan of Creole injection that I injected it with to baste it. It was excellent both in taste and also moisture. The baked potatoes were also just right. Later for desert we are having fresh Strawberry Rhubarb pie with ice cream on it. All in all a very enjoyable meal.
20200906_180643.jpg

That is awesome Tom!

This is the closest I came to a roti on a drum.

DeOC8RAh.png

Thanks guys, I can see that I will getting more use of my drum smoker with the addition of the Rotisserie. The Rotisserie ring on the Weber kettle works great also but it is harder to keep the temps down if needed. I think I want to try a pork butt next. I would think it would stay very juicy spinning on a Rotisserie.

Adding the rotisserie to the drum is very easy using just a drill and a dremel tool. Mounting brackets came from Amazon.

Back