THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuburbSlicker

Full Fledged Farker
So I had to post this. Wendy's is hocking a pulled pork sammich (following Arby's lead?) with three sauces.

The ad campaign is pretty clever and amusing -- dragging out some 80's familiar faces. bbq4merica.com (Couldn't somebody else have already registered that name?)

I guess I'll have to go at least try the sammie. But I'm not optimistic. Anyone else tried yet?

I'll continue to smoke my own pulled pork, thank you very much. I ain't eating no stinking cushion meat from Wendy's... that place is gross, anyway. At least the ones around here are.

I had lunch there the other day and couldn't resist trying the pulled pork cheese fries. I wont comment on the pork but i ordered the spicy sauce ( theyre selling spicy, sweet, and smokey) and i actually thought it was good. Id be willing to buy a bottle if they were selling it (they're not i asked). I personally cant stand sbr and consider this way better than that. The sauce reminded me of a local bbq joints sauce, wasnt glopy, nice suttle spice hint of smoke.

Homemade version of the bbq cheese fries would definitely be a winner.

I always wonder why in my small town that McDonalds is always jam packed and Wendy's next door to it has maybe 2 customers...I don't eat at either one...but I don't think I would chance on Wendy's cause everybody else must know something I don't!