ABT question...

bwram1

is one Smokin' Farker
Gonna do a dozen or so of these tomorrow for my dad since I will already have the Bandera running for a rib cook. In the past, I have always done these in the 300-325 range to ensure a crispy bacon. I was planning to keep the smoker in the 250-275 range, since that is my norm for ribs. My question is...will the bacon crisp up enough if I run them at 250-275 for maybe 2 hours?

If it doesn't you can always toss them on the grill or into a hot oven for a few minutes. I like my bacon a little wiggly so I am a bad reference.

I've done ABT's in the smoker numerous times. Leave 'em in long enough and they will get crispy enough.

Never had any complaints - matter of fact a couple of times, I didn't even get to try one! Lesson learned, don't let anybody else take the ABT's inside while you tend fire, mop ribs, etc!

Last edited:
Torrential rains for the first half of the day killed my plans to cook. Cook is moved to Tuesday. :(

Rain ceased for now...Threw half dozen wings and a dozen hastily wrapped ABTs on...running the Weber at 325. Ribs will have to wait their turn since I am getting a late start.

Attachments

• IMG_20170326_173934687.jpg
    IMG_20170326_173934687.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 91
Some good looking grub tonight in Hickory!

Fingers crossed for our boys in Carolina Blue!

Everything is looking good. I guess you got all of the heavy rain that we were supposed to get. I needed more than we actually got because I just re-seeded my lawn yesterday. Glad you got to cook something.

We're done! ABTs were hastily, translated sloppily, wrapped so a lot of the cheese oozed out of about half of them...The 3 I ate were still delicious. The rest went next door to Dad. Chicken skin is as crispy as I could want...Used Pork and Peck'r mustard sauce on it.

HEELS UP BY 5 WITH 1:45 TO PLAY...GO HEELS!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Attachments

• IMG_20170326_191025629.jpg
    IMG_20170326_191025629.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 79
Back