A Wild Hog-Boudin Fatty

Looks awesome.
Every year it seems like more and more of my wild boar goes into the grinder (with a little domestic hog fat) and its still the first thing I run out of.
Thanks for the post.

Thank you Sylntghost and Sausage Warrior! :-D

Oh, My, God. I love everything about that, except that it's not in my mouth right now.

Jeanie, you come up with some of the best ideas... and I don't think I'd actually seen your legendary fatty piston in action!

Kind regards,
Shadow

Thank you Shadow! I've almost retired my old PVC piston, this stainless one is so much fun to use. :-D

Wow, what a great combo Jeanie! I should start eating breakfast more often now. :mrgreen:
Sam thank you!! Really appreciate your help with the curing chamber. I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours!

Garret, HOG FAN, Blue and Ribeye, thank you so much!!

Nice work as always, Jeanie!

What cut of bacon do you use for your weave? Thick cut, regular, etc.??
Pat I use thin bacon. I am not fond of limp bacon and thin crisps up nicely. Thanks!

Looks good . Is that a stainless steel fattie tool ? I making a fattie tool today from a plan I found on Cookshack.com. from a post by Que'n RN .

1 - 7 1/2 inch piece of 2 inch pvc pipe
1 - 8 to 10 inch piece of 1 1/4 inch pvc pipe
2 - 1 1/4 inch pvc caps

Thanks Backyard Smoke! Yes this is a stainless piston, came from a friend in Germany. Looks like the instructions you have came from Grillinski's site. Brethren Grillinski invented the fatty piston, after seeing his, I made mine out of pvc.
Grillinski's... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64365&highlight=stuffer

mine... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70237&highlight=piston

Also, the flat plunger end works better than a pvc cap. It fits tighter and you won't lose filling around the edges when you "plunge" . :grin:

Did you know that the fatty was invented by the Brethren too? Pretty resourceful group here. :becky:

KC Thank you!!

Pheeling a little bit under the weather but I could go for that right now to strengthen up!
Nice work Girl!

Hope you're feeling better soon Phu, thanks!

Thanks so much Jim, Matt and Randy!

Looks awesome.
Every year it seems like more and more of my wild boar goes into the grinder (with a little domestic hog fat) and its still the first thing I run out of.
Thanks for the post.

BurntOffering, thanks! I bet the recipes you come up with for wild hog are delicious!

Thanks again Brethren!

As I scrolled down, it got better and better, and my chard smoothie got lamer and lamer! I knew as I started looking you weren't just gonna slice it and let it be - you were gonna deck it out nice - fantastic!

Very nice work Jeanie - I could go for lots of that right about now! You definitely win breakfast today! :clap2:

As I scrolled down, it got better and better, and my chard smoothie got lamer and lamer! I knew as I started looking you weren't just gonna slice it and let it be - you were gonna deck it out nice - fantastic!

Very nice work Jeanie - I could go for lots of that right about now! You definitely win breakfast today! :clap2:

A chard smoothie? I've never heard of such a thing. lol
I'd try one just because you drink them Greg. You know what's tasty!
Thanks for the kind comment friend! :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
DANG Ms Jeanie, just DANG!! Breakfast sausage stuffed with boudin,then wrapped with bacon... eggs and hollandaise??? I think you just came up with the new Breakfast of Champions!!!

DANG Ms Jeanie, just DANG!! Breakfast sausage stuffed with boudin,then wrapped with bacon... eggs and hollandaise??? I think you just came up with the new Breakfast of Champions!!!

Thank you Gerard! Your PookieG rub was a great addition. Love that stuff!

A chard smoothie? I've never heard of such a thing. lol
I'd try one just because you drink them Greg. You know what's tasty!
Thanks for the kind comment friend! :mrgreen:

Throw some fruit in there! I usually use a banana & an apple. Maybe blueberries or whatever needs to get et before it goes bad. Not always tasty, but does free up some space for eating what I want later in the day - ike fatties!

Throw some fruit in there! I usually use a banana & an apple. Maybe blueberries or whatever needs to get et before it goes bad. Not always tasty, but does free up some space for eating what I want later in the day - ike fatties!

Now that sounds really tasty, I love fruit!
I've never tried a smoothie, but will change that soon. Thanks! :becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
May I ask where ya got the fattie tool ( I think it's stanless steel ) . Made a couple PVC ones today for me and a friend . But after seeing yours mine look so cheep . :}

May I ask where ya got the fattie tool ( I think it's stanless steel ) . Made a couple PVC ones today for me and a friend . But after seeing yours mine look so cheep . :}

Yes it's stainless. A friend in Germany sent it after he saw my old pvc one.

my old one ( which I still use)
http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-fatty-piston.html

The stainless one..
http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2012/03/rolfs-fatty-piston.html

The stainless one is smaller in diameter ...which I have had to adjust to.
I like the larger size of my pvc one best, it just works out better for me as far as the stuffing I need for a good fatty.

Thank you . I found your blog , luv it , spending alot of time exploring where you have gone before me . Great site and advice ! Kindest Regards : Glenn ( BackyardSmoke ) .

Back