A Very English Fatty (lots of pron)

S

steveheyes

Over here in Britain, the state of BBq isn't great, but there's a number of us working hard to promote real BBQ and the BBQ scene is growing. We decided we wanted to create something with a bit of a novelty factor that combined American BBQ with a British classic in an attempt to create a bit of a buzz around BBQ in the UK.

so this past weekend we created a monster :-D. Taking inspiration from the Bacon Explosion, we created the Full English.

Here's some pics...

We started off making up a spicy sausage mix. Then we prepared the ingredients for the breakfast filling.

The next job was to assemble all of this into a fatty wrapped with a bacon weave.

Then it was onto the smoker for about 6 hours, glazing towards the end.

In the meantime, we prepared a pizza dough, then rolled it out and spread with BBQ sauce. Once the fatty was finished on the smoker we wrapped it in the dough and baked it for 15mins in a hot oven. This step created the toast for our breakfast :D

Then we served this bad boy up with baked beans and a cup of tea. It really fulfilled the "heart attack on a plate" requirements of a good English breakfast. It was stunning but one slice was definitely enough :D

Like i say, we've done this to try to create a bit of a buzz around BBQ in the UK in time for our traditional BBQ season. We'd love to invite other people to have a go at doing a fatty with their ideal cooked breakfast ingredients. If you fancy having a crack at one, submit your pics to the Full English Facebook page and we'll add it to the gallery on the website. :D

Please also "like" the Facebook page if you've enjoyed the pron :wink:

Cheers,

Steve

That's awsome! Great way to take something and really make it your own. Best of luck generating some buzz over there, probably won't be too hard with ideas like that.

I hear you Bro...not much BBQ going around on this side of the Northsea as well.
Good looking experimenting!

Thanks guys, it tasted great, was more of a success than I'd hoped. It's tough over here trying to get people to understand that BBQ is not just cremating some sausages over a disposable grill. But we're getting there, the competition circuit is growing and fuelling further interest :-D

Good to see someone loving black pudding over that side of the pond :-D

Thanks guys, it tasted great, was more of a success than I'd hoped. It's tough over here trying to get people to understand that BBQ is not just cremating some sausages over a disposable grill. But we're getting there, the competition circuit is growing and fuelling further interest :-D

Good to see someone loving black pudding over that side of the pond :-D

Now, where have I seen those pics before! ;)

Yeah, a few years back at Silverstone watching the GP Bikes...it was hammering it down and a couple of guys behind us decided to bust out the "Petrol Station Special" disposable barbecue,throw some 'ears, eyes and ar5ehole sausages' on to the poisonous tin foil contraption...cue loads of thick, black, greasy, acrid, chemically smoke and then the crowning point??? Guy nbr1 says to his Son..."It's alright, it's just a little brown on the outside..."

I swear that Kid must've had the squits all the way home!!!

To this day I'm still not sure if Bayliss, Stoner and I think Hayden were chucking their bikes along the track because of the slick conditions or this kind of thick, black, poisonous cloud comign from the stand and invading the track!!!

That looks fantastic and I was really into it until you said "cup of tea" Where you joking? That deserves a quality beer. Cheers

Guys, I can't agree more that this kind of food deserves a nice beer to go with it. However to get the English breakfast experience, it has to be served with a mug of milky tea.

If it's any consolation, we all had a few beers afterwards :-D

well I guess if you had to have the tea.....as long as you had beers after..lol...definitely a nice fattie for sure
Guys, I can't agree more that this kind of food deserves a nice beer to go with it. However to get the English breakfast experience, it has to be served with a mug of milky tea.

If it's any consolation, we all had a few beers afterwards :-D

splendid!

my wifes family is from west bromwich and weston super mare areas. i dig the full english every morning. where are the tomatoes!?!?!?!

next time i am over i have to look up the british brethren and grab some proper Q.

cheers!

Nice bacon weave. Always wanted to try that. Alas I'm not very artistic and it turns into a ball of bacon yarn. :sad:

Tally Ho Guvna!!

(OK, I've no idea if that's really an English saying, I just saw it on some movies:heh:)

The Full English looks mighty tasty from here in the midwest US! I've never understood the whole "milk in tea" concept, but that would sure go down great with an ice cold glass of moo juice!!!

Back