THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You could smoke some chicken with salt and garlic butter and rosemary. That would be a good cook.

Last edited:
Try grains of paradise as a substitute for pepper. It is part of the ginger family. I keep grains of paradise in a pepper grinder and use it as an alternate for pepper in some recipes. It has a pepper-like flavor with a hint of citrus.

I sent dried papaya seeds and a pepper mill to them via Amazon. They are in the UK and just getting into Q. I'll let you all know if this papaya pepper is a valid idea.

I will check into Grains of Paradise as well.

The garlic/butter/rosemary chicken idea is a good one too. I think citrus is OK as well, along with the "18th Century" spices idea. I'm collecting all these ideas and forwarding them on.

This is going to be a bit out there, but bear with me. I forage for wild edible mushrooms in the forests of northern wisconsin. So far this year i have identified over 25 edible mushrooms and have picked pounds and pounds of them.

I stumbled upon Peppery Milkcap mushrooms {Lactarius piperatus} that are considered semi-edible because they are so peppery that you cant just throw them in a dish. they need to be ground up and used as a spice.

PM me your address and i would be happy to ship out a nickle-bags worth:) its worth a try!

I stumbled upon Peppery Milkcap mushrooms {Lactarius piperatus} that are considered semi-edible because they are so peppery that you cant just throw them in a dish. they need to be ground up and used as a spice.

PM me your address and i would be happy to ship out a nickle-bags worth:) its worth a try!

Will do! I'll also have to check and see if I can send them to the UK. The customs laws are kinda restrictive.

Thanks!

Back