A Guam Style Brisket

Fantastic!! I spent a year and a half on that rock I never had brisket lots of BBQ pork and Coconut shine Oh and the Margaritas at Freddie's ( a Mexican restaurant owned by the Korean version of Rick Bayless) Dam I need a road trip.

That's a great way to cook , we have a neighbour that does similiar,and that looks great.
I want to look in your Freezer, you keep saying your bagging and freezing.
be interesting in there I reckon.

Very interesting. Looks great. So you cure beef and then smoke it. Sounds like a variation of Pastrami to me. No wonder his name is Rueben!!! Actually, it looks a lot like Char Siu Beef, if there is such a thing. Guess you would have to hit the sugar content just right or they would be black. Very nicely done!!

Fantastic!! I spent a year and a half on that rock I never had brisket lots of BBQ pork and Coconut shine Oh and the Margaritas at Freddie's ( a Mexican restaurant owned by the Korean version of Rick Bayless) Dam I need a road trip.

I was there on and off from 1969-71. Guam to 'Nam, Guam to 'Nam. Never got much beyond GabGab Beach as the locals weren't very friendly to us. Probably for valid reasons.

That is a really interesting cook. Those flavors must be outstanding!
Really well done Jeanie, always impressed with your cooks.

The rake made me chuckle.. :mrgreen:

Jeanie, "wow" and "that's incredible" just doesn't fully express how impressed I am with your technique and use of flavors. :-D

Two quick questions:

How much space is there between the ends of meat strips and the heat source?

Also, how do you keep the heat low? From the photo it appears to me you've got a direct heat setup.

Thanks again for sharing this!

I learn something from all your threads. Thanks! It turned the brsiksy into Bracon!
Great stuff looks delicious.

looks great!!! really great, but what about safety. would it be shelf stable like some jerkey? were the pieces themselves brought to a safe temperature during the cook? also if you wanted to do pork this way would it be safe without curing? thanks!

Back