THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rorkin

Full Fledged Farker
Trying to put 8 inch casters on wired bakers rack.
Would like a stem type to insert into tube bottoms of rack frame.

I can not find anything over 5 inch without a plate mount.
Tried all,kinds of Internet searches.

Anyone have any thoughts.

heres another but I cant find stem diameter... [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rock-N-Roller-R-Trac-Caster-Upgrade-R8X3CSTR/dp/B00XAT5JKY/ref=sr_1_11?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1463848265&sr=1-11&refinements=p_wheel_diameter_string-bin%3A8+inches"]Rock-N-Roller R-Trac Wide Caster With Brake 8in X 3in (For R12 Upgrade) R8X3CSTR: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41w2SrKDN7L.@@AMEPARAM@@41w2SrKDN7L[/ame]

Bout the closest thing I see is scaffolding caster- some have a 1" dia stem, brakes and are probably overkill for your application.
Might be time to go back to the drawing board. If I do a search on something and don't get a least a few hits, it makes me question my search a bit. Global economy being what it is- if you can't find a certain thing, then there is probably a good reason: Lack of interest/no market.

Bout the closest thing I see is scaffolding caster- some have a 1" dia stem, brakes and are probably overkill for your application.
Might be time to go back to the drawing board. If I do a search on something and don't get a least a few hits, it makes me question my search a bit. Global economy being what it is- if you can't find a certain thing, then there is probably a good reason: Lack of interest/no market.

True but I need the biggest wheels for rolling outside. I also found the scaffold wheels but stem too large. I was thinking of some adaptor plat to stem..

True but I need the biggest wheels for rolling outside. I also found the scaffold wheels but stem too large. I was thinking of some adaptor plat to stem..

This company closed their local office and I scored a bunch of their wire frame racks. http://irsg.com/products/casters-bumpers

They threw in a box of medical field locking casters that have a compression ring on the stem. They are all 5". Looking around their site I saw this and thought you possibly could modify something like it to meet your needs.

And then possibly do something like this with 8" casters

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2ow0cbOCHI"]DIY- How To Make Triple Threat Casters - Pneumatic 10" wheel- Step by Step-Custom Design - YouTube[/ame]

I like the idea of the triple casters. I may look into putting them on my Spicewine.

I'm not wild about the Harbor Freight pneumatic wheels. I put 10" Run Flat wheels from Northern Tool on my Backwoods Gater and they tend to split at the sidewalls or flatten out from just sitting( I have it raised on RV screw jacks ) but I'm thinking I might do a "Double Threat" caster mod using dual handtruck wheels instead.

All interesting ideas but the fundamental problem is that is seems impossible to get a stem caster In 8". No problem with the top plate style. Seems like I need to find a way to attach the 8 in plate top caster to the wire rack in a manner other than stem.

I was wondering why you were stuck on 8" but rolling a bakers rack across the yard might call for such. Ok - looks like you will have to go with plate casters. Not sure how much money/trouble you want go thru. IF I had to attempt it, I'd give up on mounting the casters directly TO the legs. I'd build a frame (angle iron or wood)- attach the casters to the bottom side and attach the whole bakers rack to the top using a socket and pin the legs in place.

Good luck partner.

I was wondering why you were stuck on 8" but rolling a bakers rack across the yard might call for such. Ok - looks like you will have to go with plate casters. Not sure how much money/trouble you want go thru. IF I had to attempt it, I'd give up on mounting the casters directly TO the legs. I'd build a frame (angle iron or wood)- attach the casters to the bottom side and attach the whole bakers rack to the top using a socket and pin the legs in place.

Good luck partner.

Nextthought is to mount rack on a garden cart.. 10" wheels.

sort of like a wagon.

Back