THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HPD190

Knows what a fatty is.
I smoked my third brisket ever and I'm getting better at it! I picked up a 12 lb CAB from HEB in Houston and finally had a chance to smoke it. Used a mix of Oak and Pecan and wrapped the brisket with parchment paper at the 5 hour mark. I kept the pit in the 250 to 275 zone for the most part. After 8 hours I pulled it off and let it rest for an hour before not being able to resist cutting into it. I thought it came out pretty good, tenderness was there, smoke was just right, and also the salt and pepper rub provided a flavorful bark! I would have liked a little more tenderness in the lean cuts, but I guess practice makes you better!

Attachments

Thanks TexasRT! As a Texan currently stuck in Arizona, I learned very quickly to bring a cooler when I drive home to Houston. I paid $28 for that brisket at HEB. The same brisket in Arizona would cost me about $46. I load up on brisket, ribs, smoked sausage, and gulf coast shrimp when I drive to Houston because the prices are a lot cheaper!

Back