THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like costco business. I am heading down this morning to ours in PHX and i always check the counter. Last week I bought two full boneless choice ribeye for 5.77 a lb. Ric the meat guy was long on them from xmas. They are in my fridge getting some wet age before I cut them down.

They just started carrying the flanken cut short ribs, I have eyes them a couple times. I will pick up a package. Last time I bought the boneless pack and sliced them down for bulgogi, finished on the hasty bake.

Grab the flankens for sure. Great stuff and no ton of sawdust on them where you have to triple quadruple wash them like others.

I was tempted to try the flanken but it's kind of hard to pay $6.99 /lb for short ribs with bones when boneless short ribs is $6.69 /lb. But I do like the small vacuum portion packaging of the flanken ribs. ~2 lb package is the perfect single meal size.

Thanks Calvin!

I've cooked quite a few Black Canyons briskets as well. Good stuff. At times I opt for Black Canyon Choice instead of the Prime briskets.

The only place I can find Black Canyon briskets is at Sam's Club and I'll choose them every single time over the prime briskets at Sam's.

Do they taste better or worse at that price? I’m guessing better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Calvin!

I've cooked quite a few Black Canyons briskets as well. Good stuff. At times I opt for Black Canyon Choice instead of the Prime briskets.

Yeah, if you pick and choose, they seem to have some big packers that have nice flats.

Nice looking meal you made......:clap2:

So, I stopped by our costco business and was looking at the bone in flanken short ribs, but I ended buying the 2 packages of boneless choice short ribs, as Ric the meat manager was blowing them out for 3.77 a lb. He did tell me that the flanken short ribs will be reduced next week on tuesday, so might have to swing back again. Good to get to know the meat guy at costco business.

Back