16' or 18' trailer

I have a 7 x 16 with a 5 ft porch. I think I would go with a wider trailer next time. I have two Humphries on the porch and it is pretty tight

Had a 16x7 for 2 years. Ruined by hail storm last June. It fills up real fast. Going with an 8.5x20 this time.

I have an 8.5x20 I have used for 3 years, its really good sized if you travel "heavy" like I do, I pack half my house for a comp. I'm going to a motorhome this year, see how this works.

I have an 8.5x20 I have used for 3 years, its really good sized if you travel "heavy" like I do, I pack half my house for a comp. I'm going to a motorhome this year, see how this works.

This is an excellent observation. The key concept here is your personal approach to comps - do you go heavy or light? Some teams like to bring everything they can pack into available space just in case they might need it. Others insist on only carrying the minimum they will need, and not an item more.

A few minutes making an honest self-assessment of where you fall on that continuum is probably the most important step in decided what size rig you need.

Back