120 Gal Pit Build...lots o pics!

So...regrettably I haven't had the chance to cook on it yet...however...I AM DONE!! All I have left to do is put on some door gaskets after the paint dries/cures and weld on the rain shroud on the smokestack. But alas, here are some pics of my baby

I promise to include some pics of it's maiden voyage! Once again, I can't thank everyone enough for the suggestions/support they have provided me during this build.

-Dale

Awesome, can't wait to see your first cook on it!

I appreciate it guys!

@bperkins01: All I can say is just go for it...I had ZERO welding, cutting, fabrication knowledge before I started this project. My wife bought me some tools and told me to get to it. Lots of questions, googling, and asking on this forum for advice got me through this build. I never looked back and now I have a sweet rig

-Dale

I appreciate it guys!

@bperkins01: All I can say is just go for it...I had ZERO welding, cutting, fabrication knowledge before I started this project. My wife bought me some tools and told me to get to it. Lots of questions, googling, and asking on this forum for advice got me through this build. I never looked back and now I have a sweet rig

-Dale

Thanks for the support - I like the design you have. The center mount stack, etc.. I have a 120G RF now... but nothing like building one - I just zipped through the entire thread - you pretty much have everything I would want in a custom smoker - May need a set of plans!

She turned out real nice! Seriously that's a beautiful pit! Looking forward to seeing its maiden voyage. Speaking of which, what's it going to be? Butts, briskets, ribs?

Looks amazing and I am sure it will cook amazing food as well.

Coat the inside with a little oil and fire her up!

I'm thinking for the inaugural cook I am gonna do a butt and a couple racks of ribs and maybe some moinks. Still got some learning to do on a pit this size and fire management...those cuts of meat are pretty forgiving.

very nice pit. I built a 60 gallon reverse flow in the spring. still need to paint it though.

what paint did you use for yours?

I appreciate the comments...my OCD kicks in and I look at it and think "man, I shoulda done this differently or this could look better". It's reassuring to hear from you guys that it doesn't suck, lol.

Badgoat,

She turned out fantastic.......Now you need to break it in with some groceries! :eusa_clap

You have to have something you can put in there. A spare chicken wing? A box of Kraft Mac n orange stuff? A pet goat?

I appreciate the comments...my OCD kicks in and I look at it and think "man, I shoulda done this differently or this could look better". It's reassuring to hear from you guys that it doesn't suck, lol.

i do this every time i cook on my custom smoker, it'll never go away, but it will make the next build(if applicable) go smoother and be that much more badass. and then the whole, "this could be better, that could look smoother" process will start all over. its a vicious cycle.

Back