12:00am and I'm rubbin some butts

You can't buy any better fire insurance than that. I've had police officers leave my backyard with a burger in one hand, the remnants of another in their mouth and one already eaten. They had an emergency call, but they weren't going to miss my burgers.

To make a long story short -I was always running into the firemen down at the grocery store shopping for lunch.While I was down there shopping for meat bargains. And they would always ask me what I was barbecuing this week. I told them sometime I'd barbecue for them. And yesterday was the day....

I would have been right there with you fellers' but I worked 16 hrs. yesterday.:tsk:

Damn, looks like I need to re-up my subscription, too!
I can remember doing that. I'd stop at the 24 hour grocery store and look at the marked down meat, then buy something. Spent the next day at work wondering how in the heck I could cook it. Come home, start some coals, change clothes. apply rub, if appropriate, and throw the meat on the grill. Set an alarm and try to take a nap till I thought it was time to check things. Didn't always work, but I had fun.

Back