• Tailgate Dinner Basket w/ Hickory Kissed Vortex Chicken Thighs & ABT’s

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Given that we have a Tailgate Cook-off Throwdown at the moment, I thought I would throw my hat in the ring and cook up something that would be tailgate-worthy and would fit into a basket for easy eating.

I haven’t had ABT’s since we moved to TN, so I’ve been craving them fiercely, and they would go nicely with chicken thighs and oven baked crispy fries.

Chicken thighs and assembled ABT’s, stuffed with Colby Jack:

hwj5yZ6.jpg

Thighs were seasoned with Oakridge Secret Weapon and the ABT’s were dusted with Oakridge Competition Beef & Pork:

PvPFQft.jpg

Weber kettle set up with the vortex:

Ks0M2TR.jpg

Chicken and ABT’s on the grill, with a piece of hickory to add some nice smoke flavor:

FYtiUqO.jpg

While the chicken & ABT’s were cooking away, The Missus made some fresh cut seasoned fries that went into the oven:

g8GayNS.jpg

Chicken and ABT’s getting close to done:

S1uTuhf.jpg

And here’s everything in the basket, all ready to eat:

TWtRB74.jpg

rL6FOCO.jpg

That basket of goodies really hit the spot, though a couple of the ABT’s were really fiery!

Holy fark-a-moley, Moose… :shocked:

I’d never make it into the game with that spread available. Top shelf, old chap!

Last edited:
Yeah... I'm staying in the carpark for the food. And the beer! Then after the game drive me home!:cool:

Titans playing some good football, Richard cooking some good tailgate. Win-Win!

You're invited to my house for the next Bucs game. You bring the food and I'll supply the smoker and beverages. :heh:

Back