• My First Bird in a Basket: Life-Changing Chicken!

Boy,,,,,outstanding ,,,,,,
I guess that question “ what did you buy now ?” is going to come up very soon !!!!

Those look like they should be featured in Southern Living Cookbook

No offense meant here...just wondering how this is different from a normal spatched chicken cook?

The bird bastes in its juices keeping it extra moist, one of the main benefits of rotisserie grilling.

If I had just grilled a spatched bird to the same internal temp as I did the roti basket bird, it would have been tough and dry. Huge difference!

Basically, by combining spatchcocking and rotisserie grilling by using the rotisserie basket, we get the very best of both worlds.

No question about it, you clearly have inspired the "2020 Bird Basket Blowout". :clap2:

LOL got my bird, spatchcocked and salted sitting in the fridge as I type. Will be hitting the basket and roti later this evening.

I think I ended up with a much bigger chicken though, fitting in the basket might be tough. I think I will have to rotate 90 degrees vs what most have been doing lately but can prob squeeze it in that way. Hope mine turns out half as good as the ones I have been seeing on here.

What's that little metal piece between the charcoal and the aluminum pan? I need that!

What's that little metal piece between the charcoal and the aluminum pan? I need that!

If it's what I think you are referring to, it's a pair of Weber charcoal baskets. Here's what one looks like:

LDmIGOuh.jpg

They seem to provide the perfect amount of coals for a rotisserie cook. Techincally, you don't need them, as you can also bank the coals to both sides.

If it's what I think you are referring to, it's a pair of Weber charcoal baskets. Here's what one looks like:

LDmIGOuh.jpg

They seem to provide the perfect amount of coals for a rotisserie cook. Techincally, you don't need them, as you can also bank the coals to both sides.

Cool, thanks!

Just outstanding. It's on my bucket list too. I just got a Chinese TAO and I'm looking for a basket for it... mainly for wings and skewers etc.

That is very inspiring!

Back