hatch chilies

I hope someone knows.
I randomly called a couple markets in the Pilsen community last week looking for some but no one understood what I was looking for.

I've never seen them, but I haven't look very hard :-D There are places that will ship them.

that's too bad. they are all over our local markets right now. $0.88# at Sprouts, in hot or mild. They have uses beyond butter.

They're on the shelf in AZ, .99 lb., picked up 25 lbs. and just finished roasting them up, delicious!

6kgo1j.jpg

iNKzyh.jpg

8gpyw5.jpg

Berkeley Bowl, I choose to spend my entire check locally

I should have just mail ordered them

They're on the shelf in AZ, .99 lb., picked up 25 lbs. and just finished roasting them up, delicious!

6kgo1j.jpg

iNKzyh.jpg

8gpyw5.jpg
Last season bought 75lbs roasted in flagstaff, bag them up and freeze. They last forever, best that you can get.

I would buy more, but just added 17#Slovaceck Garlic and 20#DJ Boudin. I've now got 30+# of roasted Hatch stashed in quart bags. Guys and Gals let me let you in on a secret. While they're not quite as good-they are still damn good-if you look in the frozen bulk section at the grocery store you can often find fresh chopped frozen Hatch and/or Albuquerque Tortilla Co green and red chiles. If you don't have a lot if storage- apartment-visiting someone and need a chile fix-they work. Canned chopped and whole chiles are good just as canned beans are to fresh cooked beans. OK but different.

Bottom line, read up on the nutritional info. Pretty Amazing.

Last season bought 75lbs roasted in flagstaff, bag them up and freeze. They last forever, best that you can get.

:thumb: My brother-i-law lives in Flag and he's bought his from a local roaster every year. I asked him if he needed any and he still had a few bags left.

S K did you make that roaster? Looks awful good to me.

S K did you make that roaster? Looks awful good to me.

Unfortunately no, I didn't have enough time to make one when I was modifying my Santa Maria, so I bought it. After using and inspecting it, I could easily make one, especially since I have a small bender now.

I'm looking at modifying this one by adding a motor.

Anyway, here is where I bought it;

http://arizonachileroasters.com/TableTopRoasters.html

Back