Pricing Help

CT-Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've been asked to quote Pulled pork sandwiches for 400 people. I am to provide the pork, rolls, a vinegar based sauce and tomato based sauce. The event organizer is providing sides, plates, flatware, napkins, etc.

My local Restaurant Depot sells bone in butts for $1.39/lb for the case price. I can get fresh made rolls from a local bakery for $4.80/dozen.

I am figuring 4 oz per sandwich, and a 50% yield. Thinking 250# raw pork to give some margin to prevent being short. Also 42 dozen rolls.

This yields $549 in costs before sauces.

I already quoted the job at $1/person less that what I would normally charge because it is a military appreciation event, but I would like to know what others would charge to ensure my thoughts are in line.

Thanks.

My first thought in reading this is I've seen you asking similar questions for a long time and am wondering how much longer it's going to take you to do a little thinking on your own.
Your butt prices are good but your bum prices shouldn't be more than $.12-$.18 each especially in these numbers. Check out a day old bread store. They may even be able to order fresh a a much better price. My cost for meat & buns $415, 4 gal sauce @ $10 add this to your fuel, wood, rub and aluminum cost then take that times 3. Discount this by only a little but not more than $100 for the appreciation factor.

Back