Winter Q, Great Bend KS

Redheart

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am seriously considering making the drive from GA to have some fun at Winter Q. Any of you Brethren going to compete?
If I make the trip in February I could use a big favour to help keep my costs down. I would be looking for a couch and a shower for a night somewhere west of St Louis< probably between St Charles and Columbia on the outbound trip on or about 2/12 and then looking for a couch and a shower heading back somewhere east of St Louis, probably between Mt Vernon and Marion.
If you can lend a member a hand that would be great.
This is just in the planning stage and things are not definite yet. I am NOT gonna make the trip unless some of you guys are gonna endure the elements and cook in the cold too!

I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you. Be prepared for COLD! 12 degrees last year with about an 1/8th inch of frost in the morning. My flag was frozen stiff.

I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you. Be prepared for COLD! 12 degrees last year with about an 1/8th inch of frost in the morning. My flag was frozen stiff.

Better your flag than anything else.:mrgreen:
How do the inside booths work? 10 X 10 inside will do for cooking but what about for sleeping? Is the barn heated or just a little protection from the elements.

I am looking forward to a really cold cook. Haven't down that since I left Minnesota. Love to cook in the snow.

There was plenty of space inside last year. I think you get a 10x10 and people tossed a cot out overnight. It is heated, with bath rooms. I don't recall showers, but maybe.

There was plenty of space inside last year. I think you get a 10x10 and people tossed a cot out overnight. It is heated, with bath rooms. I don't recall showers, but maybe.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be able to make it happen. I sent an email to the organizer asking for a little information. Do you have any idea what the pay outs are?

There are showers in the Armory where the judging is held. There's a Friday night appetizer contest, there's a Saturday morning potluck breakfast. Kent is a top-notch organizer, takes damn good care of his teams. I bring my cot and sleep inside....its like SUMMER in there!

Wyatt and I may come to hang out that weekend. Anyone need a pit bitch?

There are showers in the Armory where the judging is held. There's a Friday night appetizer contest, there's a Saturday morning potluck breakfast. Kent is a top-notch organizer, takes damn good care of his teams. I bring my cot and sleep inside....its like SUMMER in there!

I agree. Kent's contests are THE MOST cooker friendly I've seen.

Well I am seriously considering it! I have to admit, I would love to meet some of you Midwest Brethren. There is an FBA event that weekend as well and with events the week before and after in FL, I may go that route for cost saving reasons. I will have to figure out the budgeting cause it does sound like a fun time.

Back