For those using duroc

tduffy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Where are you getting it? Wanted to try some and order from compart. The shipping is almost as much as the meat! Too rich for my blood. Back to cooking store bought I guess.

I ordered an eight pack of St. Louis cut ribs for a couple of comps recently from their web site. I was very disappointed with the cut of these, shiners and just a poor St. Louis cut. I think I could cut a better rib blindfolded.

Maybe it was a one time thing but all four racks that I have opened were like this and I thought I was choosing the best four. So I would try to find them somewhere so you can pick through them, wouldn't order them blindly like I did.

BV

You might thy your local farmers market. The ones around me all sell home grown pork.

Gonna get some from my awesome brisket supplier. They are carrying duroc now also and don't rip me off on shipping.

Called Creekstone today and the Duroc goes up on the website next week on Thursday. Shipping starts the following Monday. Nothing available to us common folk yet unless you get it from a distributor.

I cooked duroc for a couple of comps and if I remember correctly the money muscles were a little small. Of course, they were only around 8 lb each. That may just been particular to my source. Great meat though.

Back