New Vertical Offset

Sounds like you gave a lot of thought in your design! I like it!

GO AGGIES!!

Omar

Interesting build, looks like you planned everything very well, I'm looking forward to see the progress on this.

I restored a vertical offset bandera not long ego. Last night I smoked some pork hock for beans, beef country style boneless ribs cut into chunks for kabobs, smoked some hot Italian sausage, with a veg mix. After about 2 hours in the smoke chamber I put all the veges and meat except the hocks on the grill to finish up;

All turned out very well, and I really like that I can grill and smoke. I was not sure how well I could control the heat or how much wood I would have to use, but the temp control is much better than I thought it would be. As for wood consumption, I have yet done a cook that has went for more than 4 hour so I need to get a pork butt going when I get more wood.

I do wish it had a little bigger smoke chamber, only because I prefer to lay out a whole slab of ribs instead of cutting them, I guess if I were to trim them I could make them fit, but I like to smoke the whole slab untrimmed these days. I do have hangers, but have not used them as yet. I could have put a lot more in the smoker.

I am enjoying this smoker, I suspect you will love yours when done.

I know it has been a while since I have updated this build but it is coming soon, I had to stop work on this one to build an Insulated offset for a buddy of mine who lost the last one I built him while driving down I10 in Houston, apparently the strap he was using was questionable and his choice of placement on the trailer wasn’t the best, anyhow it ended up bouncing off the trailer at 80MPH. So with that behind me I am back to work on mine, and I have decided that after I get it finished I want to sell it, so I can build an insulated version of it like the one I just finished.

who lost the last one I built him while driving down I10 in Houston, apparently the strap he was using was questionable and his choice of placement on the trailer wasn’t the best, anyhow it ended up bouncing off the trailer at 80MPH.
:jaw:

Damn! I hope no one was hurt! I hope you welded some nice tie-towns on his new one and included some ratchet straps! :eek:

I know it has been a while since I have updated this build but it is coming soon, I had to stop work on this one to build an Insulated offset for a buddy of mine who lost the last one I built him while driving down I10 in Houston, apparently the strap he was using was questionable and his choice of placement on the trailer wasn’t the best, anyhow it ended up bouncing off the trailer at 80MPH. So with that behind me I am back to work on mine, and I have decided that after I get it finished I want to sell it, so I can build an insulated version of it like the one I just finished.

Damn! I hope no one was hurt! I hope you welded some nice tie-towns on his new one and included some ratchet straps! :eek:
LOL! Having lived in the Houston area for several years I can tell you that the people who drive down there (in the greater Houston are) on a regular basis are used to CRAZY driving conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a question on their driving test about how many car lengths to allow between their vehicle and tumbling BBQ pits!:p:biggrin1:

Last edited:

Yeah he was a bit upset over this, his exact words were,” I started hitting woop de woops, and I looked back and my smoker was doing cartwheels trying to catch up with me then decided to take a detour into the median”. My reply was “damn did it hit anyone”? His answer “nope a couple of cars had to dodge it though, and when the door came off it went air bourn but it too landed in the median”. I then asked” did you stop to check on it”? His reply “hell no that thing weighs a ton, besides someone may have called the cops, didn’t want to be at the scene of the crime if they did show up”. So going back with the new one we decided to relocate it to just in front of his axles, and its now welded to the frame. There is still a lot of work left to be done on it, but its mainly all finishing work, and he can handle all of that.

LOL! Having lived in the Houston area for several years I can tell you that the people who drive down there (in the greater Houston are) on a regular basis are used to CRAZY driving conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a question on their driving test about how many car lengths to allow between their vehicle and tumbling BBQ pits!:p:biggrin1:

My uncle lost a weber grill with a live fire around a corner once and he just left it there. :crazy:

Looks great! I know you are glad to have this thing finally finished.

How is this guy coming along?

Back