Chicken Practice

Smokin69th

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The only way to get better is to practice. What do you think??

Attachments

• BBQ Practice 26Jul14 013.jpg
    BBQ Practice 26Jul14 013.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 229
  • BBQ Practice 26Jul14 015.jpg
    BBQ Practice 26Jul14 015.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 230
  • BBQ Practice 26Jul14 017.jpg
    BBQ Practice 26Jul14 017.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 230
Chicken is so competitive right now so you really need to nail appearance. The thigh in the lower right of the picture is about what you should shoot for. You need to trim better both raw and cooked. Match size and shape either from selection or by trimming. Trim off all the little fingers after cooking.

attachment.php

I would like to see what the lower right piece looked like with sauce/glaze. I agree that this might have been the best of the lot... both in color and trim

Color looks fine to me. The only thing I would say is try to get all the pieces the same size. That's my biggest gripe about this box. But overall on appearance I would give it a 7 or an 8. Leaning toward the 8 but all 6 pieces are different sizes so that hurts it a bit for me. But still a good box.

Thanx for the feedback. The two pieces on the right have a dusting of HDD under the skin. That's what gives them the deeper color. Maybe I need to get more color in the rub...:idea:

As a CMJ I'd give this box a 7 for appearance. Sizes and shapes of the thighs are too dissimilar and the sauce is not evenly spread (a couple pieces aren't fully coated). Color is okay and they don't appear overly sauced which is good.

Back