Sunday Loco Moco on the Hasty Bake

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
No HB pic but I put a lodge cast iron griddle on the grill grate for the beef patties (ground sirloin), spam (low sodium:thumb:) and eggs (my yolk broke so not as runny as I'd have liked)

Used Heinz brown gravy and added some sliced mushrooms.

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 303
Looks great! If it was cooked on a Hasty Bake it's gotta be good, right? I use the cast iron in mine fairly often. Nice work!

CINCHOUSE would be all about that! She's a huge Loco Moco fan!

Looks purty among them trees.

Another Hasty Bake fan here. Your whole meal looks delicious!

Looks delicious!! I have been to Hawaii several times and ALWAYS get Loco Mocos, love them!!

CINCHOUSE would be all about that! She's a huge Loco Moco fan!

Looks purty among them trees.

Thanks. Not sure why the broccoli was front and center in the pic but the mushroom gravy went well with it :cool:

Hasty Bake is the BOMB ! Shout out to Tulsa peeps !

Agreed. Love the HB it can do everything :thumb:

Another Hasty Bake fan here. Your whole meal looks delicious!

Thanks. I kinda wish I had a Gourmet like you :jelly:

Looks delicious!! I have been to Hawaii several times and ALWAYS get Loco Mocos, love them!!

Loco Moco for breakfast is the best before a hard day ahead of laying on the beach :clap:

Looks and sounds good to me

Thank you sir!

The meal looks great. Except for the green stuff. But I'm curious what folks are calling loco moco. What I see is not loco moco.

The meal looks great. Except for the green stuff. But I'm curious what folks are calling loco moco. What I see is not loco moco.

Not a native islander so I could be wrong but I use it to describe a burger patty over rice preferably white, with brown gravy poured over it. Green onions, spam and fried egg are optional :grin:

Craziest loco moco I've had is at da kitchen in Maui

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 73
Loco moco was originally put in a tallish bowl. Rice, patty, gravy and egg on top of that. Cover and good to go. Now it seems it is used for what was called a hamburger plate. One in a bowl for travel and the other on a plate. Same smell I guess. I just know that back in the day if you ordered loco moco, you got it in a foam bowl. My friend in hawaii confirmed that the name morfed.

Not a native islander so I could be wrong but I use it to describe a burger patty over rice preferably white, with brown gravy poured over it. Green onions, spam and fried egg are optional :grin:

Craziest loco moco I've had is at da kitchen in Maui

Ahhh da Kitchen is da bes!!! I have eaten there many times!!

Last edited:
Back