Peak City Pig Fest 2017

bdessen

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Disappointed with this year's Pig Fest - items

1) The police department closed parking on side streets coming into downtown - example parking on Center street was blocked on Saturday from Laura Duncan to Salem. Hasn't been the case in prior years or other prior events - such as Peak week. A number of side streets were blocked.

2) Competition teams were asked to park at the Baptist church. WAY TOO FAR AWAY to carry items to the comp area during the event!

3) Police gave out parking tickets to comp teams parked in the comp area. Our cars were out of the way and not blocking anything.

4) The lecture during the Judges meeting on how to be and adult in Apex was demeaning and felt like we were being talked down to. BAD TONE and ATTITUDE to the teams that are there helping the town raise money. We compete in a number of towns and don't get a 30 minute lecture on how to maintain ourselves. Don't Get It - and heard several teams say they won't be back.

Agreed. That was a very poorly run competition and we won't be back. I made that decision during my team check-in experience on Friday morning, which was an epic clusterf***. I was mildly annoyed at the $3/bag ice too given the $350 entry fee. The ticket for 1 "complimentary" bag didn't do much good in my truck parked a 1/4 mile away at the church.

Graham and ghe Rotary club always do a greag job with tbis comp.

The police stuff was over the top this year. I had tea in a chickfila cup going into the cook's meeting and a cop asked me to take the lid off so be could smell what's in the cup. I attribute the change in attitude to there being a new police chief. Hoping that the new chief realizes this is a good group and event and eases up in the future.

Back