BIG PIG JIG update

Smokin D@wg@77

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
So 3 of us Florida (FBA) teams got together and formed 1 team to head up to Georgia to take part in the legendary BIG Pig Jig MBM contest. We said hey if we going we doing all categories. This was mainly our 1st attempt at comp style whole hog. We came with goal like most do to win the whole thing , but we knew this was far outside our normal for us. We had one of the onsite buildings that was loaned to us to cook in, which was great !

We ended up with a 14th place finish in whole hog !! out of 28 well known teams , so that was great feeling for us just not to ruin the hog cook:mrgreen:. Next catogory was Pork , we cooked 12 boston butts , took 26th place out of 83 teams.

Then we cooked 16 racks of Prairie fresh baby back ribs that turned out fantastic. Judges agreed !! We made Finals in RIBS !!!! WE WERE SUPER PUMPED UP !! but now we have to do onsite presentation for the judges:shock:we were set up for it but still in back of your mind you know its long shot .....But for it to actually happen man what an amazing BBQ weekend , had a blast with with all our BBQ family and friends.

When awards came we took 2nd PLACE IN RIBS !!! out of 86 rib teams.

We took 7th overall for the comp !!! in our very 1st MBM contest at Big Pig Jig against the top BBQ cooks around still on cloud 9 !!!! Truly a FULL TEAM EFFORT. Sweet Smoke Q Fl crew !!! 3 TEAMJEALUSDEVIL !!! #1 CHARCOAL

Too be 1 of 7 teams with the chance to win it ALL , man what an amazing feeling , we cant wait to go back finish what we started !! :biggrin1:

Attachments

• pigjigteam.jpg
    pigjigteam.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 128
  • pijigsetup.jpg
    pijigsetup.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 130
  • pigjighog1.jpg
    pigjighog1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 130
  • pigjighog2.jpg
    pigjighog2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 130
  • pigjigrib.jpg
    pigjigrib.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 129
  • pigjighog4.jpg
    pigjighog4.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 130
  • pigjigribs2.jpg
    pigjigribs2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 129
  • pigjig.jpg
    pigjig.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 131
Congrats, Jason! I had been meaning to pm you and ask how it went. Happy to hear that it went so well. I had too much to do to get ready to go to Oklahoma for the KCBS World Invitational this coming weekend and time wasn't my friend to allow me to come down. I'm sure I will cross paths with you soon.

Congrats, Jason! I had been meaning to pm you and ask how it went. Happy to hear that it went so well. I had too much to do to get ready to go to Oklahoma for the KCBS World Invitational this coming weekend and time wasn't my friend to allow me to come down. I'm sure I will cross paths with you soon.

Best of luck !! cant wait till we get to do that one !! safe travels GSL !

Back