Need help with building propane assist box

Big Brian

Reaction score
I built a mobile smoker and want to install a propane assist in the firebox, I was going to use a forge torch but the forge guys I talk to say is will bow out because they need the back pressure from a forge. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20150119_224219.jpg
    20150119_224219.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 20150119_224212.jpg
    20150119_224212.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 172
I'll look at my Bubba Grill in the morning and see if I can find out what type is on it. I may even pop some pics of it for you. Nice pit you're building there!

A $30 propane weed burner from Harbor Freight / Northern Tools works just as good. Just a thought.

Are you looking for something to assist in fire starting or to provide additional heat in the cooking chamber?

Here's a shot of it mounted from the outside. It has some writing on it but I can make it out.

Last edited:
Don't know much about the propane burner but I do know you've built a nice lookin rig!

I know Lone Star Grillz has it as an option on their offset. Maybe you could trying to contact them and they can sell you one or tell you where you could purchase one near you.

No idea on where to get something like that. Had to just say that pit is fantastic.

Thanks, I am looking for a flame thrower type just to start the wood.

Do you have a pic of the inside so I can see the burner?

I'll try and get one with my phone tomorrow. I took one with my tablet, but it has no flash so you really couldn't make it out.

Here's some inside pics. Not the best but hopefully it will help you some. Also got one of the regulator and needle valve.

Last edited:
Mine is basically the same, just a burner mounted in the side.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 28
Back