here it goes!

Woodbooger

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Okay, here it is my first post about some of my own backyard BBQ. Sorry for the rush and any bad grammar, it is wing night at the local watering hole. I had a bunch of racks of spare ribs so I trimmed them up and cooked them for a bunch of friends. The wind on Sunday was pretty bad but I managed to control the temp at 220 for a good 6 hours. For the rub I decided to just stay simple I used black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika. My sauce was also simple, ketchup, brown sugar, juice of half a lemon, cider vinegar, and some seasoning. I normally don't stray from oak or hickory and this was no different, just oak for this cook. Kept the ribs on the top rack for 4 hours, sauced them for one hour, and wrapped them for the final hour. For a crazy day these things turned out amazing!

sorry for poor picture quality, phone was set to night time and didn't know!

Thanks guys. I always criticize my own product with every bite but everyone hammered this things down so I was pretty happy lol

Great looking ribs. We are our own worst critics but the clean bones tell the true story:thumb:

Always the worst critic of my own food, but I'd take a bone or 6 of those...

Look good enough to eat mate, I would be into that

Those are some great looking ribs!! Nice job!!

Back