Stoker wifi vs Guru wifi

Kave Dweller

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Who has either and runs it off there phone?

I currently have non-wifi guru's but in light of this weekends problems I am going to go wifi so I can keep a better eye on things. Don't know which is easier to hook up, would like to stay with guru since I have a ton of probes and fans, but if it doesn't work easily on my phone, I don't know that it matters.

WiFi Guru works great on my iPhone 6+. I don't know about Android phones.

I use a non wifi guru, but use an I-grill for temp alarms on my phone. Adding the i-grill was cheaper than a new wifi guru. The Bluetooth connection on the i-grill has a limited range, but was just fine while in my site, and I really only use it over night.

Over night is all I am worried about church, in Kenosha last week Hillbilly brian had to wake me up because I had alarms going off all over the place. I had pork done at 430 am. If my phone would have chirped earlier I would have been able to adjust, but didn't happen.

I use the Stoker WiFi - works well. I think people have one or the other, so probably hard to get a comparison.

I have the guru wifi and have had no issue with it. I bought a $5 iPad on Craigs list and sync'd it to the guru. that way I can have a BIG screen to see it overnight and not have to squint.....

I have the guru wifi and have had no issue with it. I bought a $5 iPad on Craigs list and sync'd it to the guru. that way I can have a BIG screen to see it overnight and not have to squint.....

That's a great idea. Are you running any of the apps for the guru?

The big question is which phone do you have?

My suggestion would be to stick with Guru if you already have fans ect. you can buy the cyberQ unit alone with no probes/fans and save yourself some skrilla.

We really dont use the cyber functions that often at contests. We know the pits will run right, there is almost no chance the food would ever be done by suprise in that sleeping time period (11-5). When I did use the Ad Hoc alot, I seemed to get alot of interference from other CyberQ's. I learned to set up my network name and IP addresses very bizzare. A quick check of my phone at any given contest and "My CyberQ WiFi" and stock open connections are everywhere. A less ethical person could easily bump your pit up 50 degrees or turn off alarms easy on an open network. Not that anyone would do that, but 2 years ago I was confused to what the heck I had going on and here it turned out I was changing a neighbors Pitmaker.

I use Cyber Q WiFi and monitor from my iPhone 4 and iPad. Change the password name of your Cyber Q. I can change temps, alarm settings, etc...

Works great!

call me crazy, but the very first thing I did was change the name, and password. Not that I don't trust people at comps, but there are some you wonder about.........

call me crazy, but the very first thing I did was change the name, and password. Not that I don't trust people at comps, but there are some you wonder about.........

And here I was hoping I'd be able to throw you off your game this weekend. :heh:

I've got the wifi guru and an android phone. Also picked up a cheap wireless router for them to connect because android doesn't work with the ad-hoc wireless so both my phone and guru connect to the wifi router. It works fine, but is a good case to not use android for this. I use the pit pal app on the phone.

I'm an Iphone guy. I've never had a problem with my guru's before this weekend, something went wrong, read 63, then 230, then 65, tried swapping probes, it was in the digiq itself.

You sure both probes weren't bad? I had a similar issue with mine. Replaced both probes and the issue was resolved.

Back