THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

LYU370

Resident Idjit
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Andy
So a bunch of friends were texting me and messaging me a few days ago. Seems they ran across what someone called Swineapple. A hollowed out, bacon wrapped pineapple stuffed with country style ribs.

So I figured why not.

IMG_20150517_132422.jpg~original

Cut up the country ribs into chunks and gave them a thick coating of rub.
IMG_20150517_132709.jpg~original

IMG_20150517_132749.jpg~original

Found out afterwards that they make a pineapple corer. Who knew...
IMG_20150517_133657.jpg~original

Shoved in as much as I could fit in there, then gave the pineapple a coating of Habanero Seasoning Mix.
IMG_20150517_133903.jpg~original

IMG_20150517_134608.jpg~original

IMG_20150517_134620.jpg~original

Couldn't fit all the country ribs inside, so just threw the rest of them in the pan.
IMG_20150517_140301.jpg~original

Currently somking away at 250.....

Last edited:
That's just awesome. I am definitely going to give this a try very soon. Can't wait to see the final outcome.
With a core removal tool you couldn't get that much in there.

I saw this on facebook last week and made one yesterday. Turned out great but my bacon fell apart, cooked faster than the rest so I need better bacon.
I didn't leave the top on mine I just carved out the whole thing.

I tried wrapping pineapple in bacon once and the acid in the pineapple turned the bacon to mush. Maybe it was just an ornery pineapple but I have not tried again.

Nicely done - my friends who always have me cook for them sent me a pic on FB for it ... and then sent me money to make it with my twist .. so guess now I have to. Thanks for the post ... let us know how it turned out.

Thinking this must be a loin recipie. Can't envision CSR's reaching 190 tender before the outside is a burnt mess.

We did these this weekend also, they were ok. The CS ribs inside were kind of mushy on the outside. Weird texture, is there a fix for that?

Thinking this must be a loin recipie. Can't envision CSR's reaching 190 tender before the outside is a burnt mess.

That's exactly what I said when my non BBQ friends sent me this.. I said use a loin and thick cut bacon... But I'm not a pineapple fan so I will leave this one to the experts

That looks and sounds like a Great idea

And that right there says it all. Looks fantastic, sounds outrageous.

IMG_20150517_190952.jpg~original

IMG_20150517_191203.jpg~original

Taste... Well, that's something else altogether.

Cranked it up to 300 the last half hour to try and crisp up the bacon. The pineapple started breaking down the bacon. Didn't taste very good at all. I now know how to ruin bacon. The pork got up to about 180 when I took it out. Still a bit chewy, weird texture to it. Ended up taking the rest out and putting it back in the smoker for another hour. The pieces that didn't fit in the pineapple were fabulous.

I was so excited to try it. BIG thumbs down. Live and learn....

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the heads up on this. I'm gonna make it on Sunday at the request of some friends. I'll stick with thick cut bacon and see if it makes a difference. I'm thinking the acid in the pineapple is what is breaking down the meat texture. I may stick with a small pineapple, so I don't waste so much pork and bacon.

Back