Wouldn't know my meat if I held it in...

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
.....my own hand. Grabbed and ran with what I thought was a tri tip. Turned out it is a sirloin tip. Googled WTF to do with this 2.75# hunk of no fat meat. Decided on the Texas Go-To- chili. So seasoned it up good and have it in the smoker for a few hours being bathed in a mix of hickory and mesquite. Then I will cube or send thru the grinder- probably grind. I like playing with the machine.

Last edited:
That isn't bad at all. More than a few years ago, I picked up a bag of frozen chicken breasts on the cheap among other items a butcher wanted to clear out. After the invites were sent and plans made, I defrosted them to discover that they were actually sheep brains. This was a few years before Google was even founded so alternative recipes were not as easy to find.

Looks good Adams! I get sirloin tip from the cow I have butchered and find it a bit on the tough side. Going to give your idea a try when I get home.

Looks great, not sure I could have brought myself to cube up the hunk of deliciousness.

Agree with comments above. Think toughest sirloin you ever ate, but ate it anyway. The beef smoke flavor is spot on. Bride took half and ran thru food processor and returned to chili pot. So chunks in chili meat gravy. Really. Good. I'll do this again. A nice mistake.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see that on some dogs, burgers and chili cheese fries. Nice job.

Back