Ta-Ta KBB

Wolverine

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Did some costco spares yesterday for first cook on new pr60 it was nice out 41 but 20mph winds,all in all not to bad.I only had one bag of KBB so i dumped it in,, just then wife and I had a JAWS moment,(I think we need a bigger boat). So we crossed our fingers lit it up. It burned great at 240 using a bbq dx2 for 5 hours then poof gone. Ribs were almost done(crap) so i finished in the oven.
So i went to clean it out this morning and it smothered itself,it was still burning about 20 coals left. I should have known better to use kbb, I guess now I know without wondering, looks like lump will be the beast's meal of choice.

Last edited:
Wow, I just got a new smoker and I want that one now! That Guru is a beast to control that pit. I wonder how it will do packed full with a pig or brisket? Those ribs look killer man!

Thanks,Can you imagine how much jerk chicken i gan get on this thing? Walkers wood, pimento wood chips, roast em on 40 pimento sticks

Momma Mia that's a big meatball. That will feed a crowd!!!

Thanks,Can you imagine how much jerk chicken i gan get on this thing? Walkers wood, pimento wood chips, roast em on 40 pimento sticks

OK....you do that and I may just make my first trip to Michigan!:heh::heh:

Nice rig!

Thanks ribs still turned out really good. I changed it up and used pineapple habenaro sauce from Costco.

Sweet smoker! I think those ribs are feeling inadequate about their size. :razz::oops:

So i went to clean it out this morning and it smothered itself,it was still burning about 20 coals left. I should have known better to use kbb

Is there any place for the ashes to fall? It doesn't look like it from the picture. I'm not a fan of KBB, but if the ashes have no where to go, they will smother your fire. Hard to fault the charcoal for that.

Very nice cook and cooker, ribs look great.

I also think that without a charcoal basket, the issue is not the fuel, but, the lack of ventilation of the charcoal stack. Not that KBB is the best, but, that is where the problem is.

You have a good point landarc,I do have a long piece of angle steel tha sits in the middle of the charcoal slide out that has holes in it for air. I use kbb in my wsm all the time, maybe its the way i light it, i did a half donkey minion, maybe i should spread it all out,

Back