Anyone have a good recipe for Pickled Peppers?

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Peppers are coming in like the loaves and the fishes...

We have jalapeños, Italian roasters, and Anaheim's.

I've made these a number of times. Takes quite a while, but boy are they good.

Murph’s Sweet and Spicy Pickled Jalapenos

Although I do cut way back on the cinnamon. And I like to add a bunch of carrots.

Meathead at Amazing Ribs also has a good recipe that takes quite a bit less time than this one.

I've made it quite a few ways, this is by far my favorite. The cider vinegar gives a better, mellow flavor than white vinegar. Don't use any recipe that calls for cooking the peppers unless you want them mushy.. Pouring the hot liquid over them is just enough to give them a nice texture. Peppers are the only thing I pickle, if you have any questions, just ask.

I find if your jars are clean and you put them in the fridge after they cool, they will keep, unopened for over a year. Heck I just opened a 2 year old jar that tastes like I made it last week!

Jalapeños, sliced
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1 tbsp peppercorns
2 bay leaves
3 cloves of garlic, lightly pounded
2 tbsp coarse sea salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 onion, cut longways in slivers.

Pack the jalapeños and onion in a glass jar.
In a saucepan, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Pour the hot pickling liquid over the jalapeños and let it rest for a few hours. Shake it up a little so that the peppercorns are evenly distributed.
For a crunchy bite, you can start nibbling on them within a few hours. As for softer texture, let this sit for 4-5 days.

Can them if you're going to store them at room temp or just put em in the fridge if you have room.

I should mention, you can really use any peppers. I've thrown serranos, habeneros, anaheims, etc in the jar with the jalapeños. It's all delicious

I can four or five different peppers. I use the same recipe for all of them.

Pack peppers into clean jars with a clove of garlic. Add 1 tsp of salt to each pint jar and fill with hot vinegar. Seal with lids that have been in boiling water.Ready to eat in two weeks.

I do pretty close to what Larry S does. I use 2 cups cider vinegar, 2 cups water, and 2 tbls salt in a sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour this over the peppers in a mason jar. Garlic in bottom if you like. Place sterilized lids over jars and seal with ring. Make sure lids seal within a few hours.You can put the ones that don't seal in the fridge for early consumption. You can also cold pack them to make sure they seal.

Back