Pitmaker BBQ Vault Vs. Yoder YS1500

Hog1990

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I currently have a ys640 and an FEC120, but need to add another larger unit. I know these are very different units but I would be interested in folks that have used either and their thoughts. I know the size is about 1000" difference, but pellet poopers are so easy. Thanks for any direction.

What are you looking to do with the smoker? Are you going to use it commercially or for comps?

I have no idea how the vault is, I do know know the yoder 1320(almost same thing, the older model) I have, is a pellet hog, almost twice what my 640 is. but makes a really pretty smoke ring everything I turned in, so I wont stop using it.

Mike - that was what i wondered. I know that when i smoke butts at 275 on ys640 it gobbles the pellets. I keep thinking that I may need to add a FEC100 and skip the 1500. Forget about the vault and stay consistent with all pellet cookers. I don't even use my cadillac stick burner any longer. I need to sell it.

I have no idea how the vault is, I do know know the yoder 1320(almost same thing, the older model) I have, is a pellet hog, almost twice what my 640 is. but makes a really pretty smoke ring everything I turned in, so I wont stop using it.

That's odd. When I sold my YS640 and upgraded to my YS1500, I couldn't believe that the YS1500 used LESS pellets.

Strange.

Back