How to roll a fattie video?

Tall Paul

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

finishing off my first UDS build this week and looking to get a smoke on this Sunday. Was thinking a couple of fatties and a tri tip.

I remember seeing a link to a video on how to roll a fatie, that I watched at teh time and it was great. Really quick, simple and efficient. But now I can't find it! I've searched on here and on youtube but with no luck.

Anyone know of the video I am talking about? i think it was someone on here's video because they commented later about it. It was a female doing the video, no talking just some background music, some directions woudl occasionally pop up on the video, she used breakfast sausage bought by the pound (not a packaged Jimmy Dean type), she used the gallon bag, seran wrap, and she rolled it in the seran wrap and did some twisty thing with it, and then had a cool technique for the bacon weave.

If i don't find it no problem, I'll just do what I think I should, btu I thought I'd ask realy quick anyway.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to get some pics of the maiden voyage!

Take a look at Cowgirl's Blog. Not sure if there is a video, but she takes lots of pictures of how she does it. Here's one where she describes how she made a Fatty Piston for the stuffing:

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-fatty-piston.html

And here is another on her bacon weave:

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2010/02/the-bacon-weave.html

Either way, it's a fatty. It doesn't have to be perfect. My first one was a pizza fatty that I over stuffed. Luckily, the weave held it mostly together... :mrgreen:

Chilling in the fridge at each stage of assembly helps quite a bit to keep it in shape & holding together before it begins to cook, then the cooking will cinch it up some.....

I just put it in a gallon bag, mash it to be flat about an inch from each seam on the sides. Then cut the seams off with some scissors, peel back half the bag and cut it off at the bottom, put on my stuffing (usually peppers and cheese), then roll it back up using the remaining bag kind of like a sushi mat.

I don't do bacon weaves, just rub and smoke. Not worth the cost to me.

That's almost the exact same thing I said in another group. Damn near word for word. Great minds think alike.

Back