1st cook w/Weber WSM 1880 and my new Comal

fedex

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Crossed off 2 things off the To-Do List today. 1:00 PM Started up the Little Guy for the first time.

Since it settled in at 255 at around 2:00 it has ran steady between 250-270 right now at 5/12 hours it's stuck at 264.
Almost a whole pack of Thighs.

1 1/2 later Done.

Bought a Comal a couple weeks ago after seeing TonyBel cook on his. Just wish I had discovered this along time ago. If any of you SoCal guys want one there are several vendors at the Cypress Swap Meet $35.
Getting the Kettle ready.

5lbs Carne Asada and 3lbs of Pork Al Pastor.

Question for TonyBel. How much time do spend cleaning it up when your done? I spent about 45 minutes trying to get it clean but the top of the Dome just wouldn't clean all the way up.

Looks good mate, Mines on the way.:thumb:
Do you have to clean It? :shocked:

Looks good mate, Mines on the way.:thumb:
Do you have to clean It? :shocked:

Yup, definitely need to clean it as much as possible. Just remember to wipe it down with cooking oil prior to using.

Here's my set up see link

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?522...appearance-quot-El-Comal-quot&highlight=Comal

Used one chimney full of charcoal. Had the bottom vents 1/2 open. Try this next time.
Keep the food moving. I think the high heat burned in to the comal. I splash a little water to deglaze as I was cooking. It's easier. Specially when your ready to warm the tortillas. After I'm done cooking the next day I clean takes me 5 minutes with a stainless steel scrubb and Palmolive.

Back