Brisket pricing blues...

Just picked up a case of 2 Akaushi Waygu briskets from my distributor.
Pair of 12 pounders for $4.98/lb.

Never cooked Akasuhi before, so gonna be interesting to see how they do.

TIM

Ugh!

Brought home a 14.65 lb packer @ $3.48/lb. = $50.98.
Trimmed up this morning yielded 3.2 lbs fat - leaving just under 11.5 lbs. trimmed packer (22% weight loss).

Resulting $/lb (nearly a dollar more per pound raw)= $4.45/lb.
:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Bandit, where did you find a brisket that size in PA??

Just picked up a case of 2 Akaushi Waygu briskets from my distributor.
Pair of 12 pounders for $4.98/lb.

Never cooked Akasuhi before, so gonna be interesting to see how they do.

TIM

You better post pics of that cook!

Whole packers at 2.75 a pound round here, no issue for me. A 20 lb brisket will feed 40 people. That's some cheap eating!!

$7.05 a lb @ 15lbs
$15.50 a KG @ 6.92KG =$107$$$ Jesus h Christ!!!!!
We had to buy one for a comp last weekend and when the butcher told me the price I damn near cried.

Geez, Ken. I live in Yellowknife and bought a couple of packers yesterday for $9.45/kg ($4.29/lb) at our local wholesale distributor. (For non-canucks, Yellowknife is considered waaaay North i.e. the original Ice Road Truckers location for those that may be familiar). Things are expensive in Saskatoon (although I got a good price on my YS640 from the Smoker Broker there).

Last 7 I bought a month or so ago were $3.18/lb in the 14-18lb range and 20-25% fat loss sounds about right (still have two). If it wasn't for the news I wouldn't know there was a drought, the cows in the pasture behind my house are fat and slick, the grass (Bermuda) is knee deep.

This is killing me I am a cheap SOB and I love brisket. it was it`s price that originally got me hooked on it. I would buy 5 or 6 at a time and freeze some and grind some up for burger meat. Now because of my cheapness I am like the junkie on the corner all nervous scratching my arm and bouncing around talking to myself needing a brisket fix. I finally broke down and bought one but had to put it into the freezer because I am busy with work and yesterday I cooked for a wedding and next week I am bbq`n for 130-200 people at work but knowing I have one makes me feel better.

This is killing me I am a cheap SOB and I love brisket. it was it`s price that originally got me hooked on it. I would buy 5 or 6 at a time and freeze some and grind some up for burger meat. Now because of my cheapness I am like the junkie on the corner all nervous scratching my arm and bouncing around talking to myself needing a brisket fix. I finally broke down and bought one but had to put it into the freezer because I am busy with work and yesterday I cooked for a wedding and next week I am bbq`n for 130-200 people at work but knowing I have one makes me feel better.

I think I laughed 15 minutes after reading this! :-D

Back