Assassin Grill or Meadow Creek PR36

biglag

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm strongly considering replacing my Weber Performer for one of these grills. I LOVE the Performer but would like greater cooking capacity. Primarily I want it to be a good grill but with smoking abilities. Fuel efficiency is important. I love how the Weber can use charcoals for a short cook then choke them to reuse the next day. And I like the simplicity of it also. My budget is in the $700-800 range and I won't consider a cabinet smoker or anything that requires water to smoke. My two favorites so far are the assassin and the meadow Creek PR36. Both would require me to drive a good bit to pick up so something closer to the South Central would be good.

I really like both of these grills. The meadow creek has that awesome chicken flipper grate and is well built (though i think smoking was an after thought to them on this one), however i would favor the assassin. It Can easily double as a smoker and just seems more versatile to me as a cooker. Plus for another $99.00 you can upgrade to the 48" ($850.00 which is what i want) and comes with an insulated door that has to give you a some longer legs on your charcoal right?
You could insulate the P36 but that would put you far out of budget. I need to figure out how to make those flipper grates.

Check out [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gKLq6pqIxI"]BBQ Feaks videos[/ame] cooking with the assassin if you haven't, some great info and pron there.

Morgan, is the charcoal section air tight? Chokes the coals when shut? And is the pit fuel efficient? How long can u smoke on one load of coals?

I second the assassin 36.. the standard damper is not air tight though. The temp. controller adapter with a kill plug will help. Grill is heavy!!

thanks for posting one of my videos and have many more just search BBQ Freak on you tube and have got even longer burn times with a different maze . after owning my Assassin 48 for over a year now and I am very pleased with how it grills and how you can smoke with it and will stay in my smoking arsenal .

thanks for posting one of my videos and have many more just search BBQ Freak on you tube and have got even longer burn times with a different maze . after owning my Assassin 48 for over a year now and I am very pleased with how it grills and how you can smoke with it and will stay in my smoking arsenal .

Freak may just be the Assassin grill guru!

assassin 36

Placed 4th and 6th at two different comps. with the 36 smoking ribs. And it is killer with a 3 inch cowboy steak.:thumb:

So let me ask you guys this...... Quality Grill
Meadow Creek
Assassin
Hasty Bake

Any others I have missed?

Thanks for posting quality barbecue videos. Great info. and Solid reviews. Plz keep at it.

Back