Shhh Chilli secrets revealed.

Sounds great!
I have some hot Elk sausage that would go great with this.

And Beans!! :mrgreen:

To whomever suggested chocolate and cinnamon :puke: You must be from Cincinnati

Love kidney and black beans in chili.

My recipe is usually made with ground beef and pork. Switched it up this weekend and used a pork butt I smoked and froze a month or so ago, along with ground beef. Came out amazing. My recipe usually turns out a little on the loose side but the shredded pork tightened this batch up a lot and added great flavor. Will do again

I have never added chocolate or cinnamon to chilli. As for the bean.. I will admit I have added a few to this just apease some when I make it.. But I still say No Beans hahah

I hope some one does... I would love some feed back.. I know locally all the cook offs I have gotten 1st and 2nds..with every one always wanting me to make it

Hmmm... That looks like a lot of tomato product in there to me. I like mine with more of a chile flavor so I use a bunch of various chile's. But I do agree.... No Beans!

Below is my basic recipe

Ingredients:
2# ground chuck
2# ground pork
2 tbl olive oil
½ cup red wine
2 cups beef stock
2 cans crushed or diced tomatoes (28 oz)
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
2 anaheim peppers (seed & fine chop all peppers)
6 jalapeno peppers
2 serrano peppers
2 red finger peppers
2-3 large white onions (medium-fine chop)
8 large cloves garlic (minced)
½ tsp red chili flakes
2 tbl dried oregano
2 tbl dried basil
2 tbl ground cumin
1 tbl gray sea salt
2 cans red kidney beans (19 oz, rinsed)
2 cans black beans (19 oz, rinsed)

Prep:
Brown meat in olive oil, drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer covered 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Garnishes:
blue corn tortilla chips
chopped green onions
avocado slices
shredded jack cheese
crème fresh or sour cream

I usually modify the recipe depending on what peppers are at the store. Usually double or triple the recipe. Put a couple habaneros in this weekends batch. I go for a wide range of peppers for their heat ranges, flavors, and colors. Don't sauté them because that causes them to lose both color and a bit of crunch. Same with the onions and garlic.

Usually toast whole cumin seeds and grind them up with a mortar & pestle. There's something about toasting that releases much more fragrance and flavor.

Prefer soaking dried beans and cooking them separately but canned work fine.

You can substitute a dark ale or stout for the wine but I don't recommend that unless the entire batch will be consumed within 2 days. There's something about beer that makes chili get skanky pretty quick

Great Post!

Typically I use beans, steak, pork, and beef in chili.

I'm saving this recipe for future reference!
You know, just to see if the wife-lady approves!

Thanks!

I keep both camps happy by making two pots at once. One gets beans and one doesn't. I eat the ones with beans. Good for your heart ...

the more you eat ... the more ...

Can't wait to try this one.
It looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! May just give this one a go this weekend.

Thank you so much for sharing. I definitely WILL try this out and definitely keep your secret!

I have a go to recipe for chili I've used for years, but I am going to give this a try. And I'll ignore the no beans typo.:shock:

Back