Bought a new toy - Winston CVAP Pod

unixadm

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I've been wanting a Winston CVAP holding cabinet for a while but I never found a good price on one. Then i started thinking about what I'd really like it for and it was for holding a batch of BBQ for a get together or something like that. Well then I stumbled upon a used Winston CVAP Pod. This isn't a widely marketed device but it's essentially a small drawer type CVAP that is also a cook and hold oven. This particular unit, the CVAP Pod has a more robust set of capabilities. It can hold just like a normal CVAP, but it can also Reheat, nearly Sous Vide without the water bath, Roast, Steam, Bake, Hold, etc.

I should have it in a couple of weeks and then I'll start putting it through it's paces. I'm going to try everything, from cooking bacon to pre-cooking burgers to holding some BBQ. I'll finally get to see what all the hype is about CVAP. :)

Hope it works out to be a pretty handy device to have around the house.

54d3fb360f79c_-_pod_image2-md.jpg

Attachments

• CVAP POD.pdf
    776.4 KB · Views: 14
Id play around with a long hold on brisket. see if you can that level of tenderness you see on Franklin's

Your gonna love it. I couldn't do without mine at the restaurant.

I have not seen those before. pretty cool, looks like it is a phase 1 so regular plug?? Most of the bigger units that have the cook and hold feature require 220.

I have not seen those before. pretty cool, looks like it is a phase 1 so regular plug?? Most of the bigger units that have the cook and hold feature require 220.

Correct. it's a single phase, 120V unit that holds two full size 2" hotel pans. This unit is supposed to be the first "Home" CVAP oven. I'll most likely buy a CVAP holding half cabinet one of these days, however this is plenty capacity to hold an average cook for family and friends. It shows up next Wednesday, so I should be able to post up some pics once I have it and put it through it's paces.

Back