Cooker wild hog and deer the Alabama way

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well it was raining so i had to hit the kitchen instead of the grill... I thawed out what i thought was deer... Only one pack was.. The rest was wild hog tenderloin and blackstrap off of our farm.... Me and Tylers traps have worked perfect

Beating the meat with a saucer ... The best tenderizer i know of

Getting the seasons together for my flour

Flower and seasoning

What i did was browned the deer and hog removed made a gravy with the drippings the in another bowl put 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup... 1 can of cream of chicken... Added some milk and got it to the consistency i wanted.... After i had my gravy like i wanted it i cut up 2 onions and added the mixture to my gravy

Making the gravy

Added onions and peppercorns

The soups going to the gravy

Meat in the gravy

Plated up with mushrooms and mashed taters

I let the meat simmer in the gravy for a couple hrs... You could easily cut with a fork.... Absolutely no Gamey taste at .. All!!!!!

Time for the tub

That is what i do when i am home alone........

I grew up eating venison exactly the same wAy. That's what i call comfort food! Perfect!

TuscaloosaQ;[URL="http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/TuscaloosaQ/media/3F03488D-7E95-45B2-BA15-8D49DB9155B8.jpg.html" said:
3F03488D-7E95-45B2-BA15-8D49DB9155B8.jpg
[/URL]
That is what i do when i am home alone........

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:, Way too much info:-D

Good lookin grub tho! Mom used a saucer too.

That looks great! I grew up eating just like that and still can't find anything to beat it!
Is Tyler doing some underwater welding on the tub!?

I knew the tub shot would get some unsolicited remarks..... when you hit send it is too late..... :mrgreen:.... I know what I will be eating the next few days anyway.... got to get the freezer space gun season starts Saturday.... hard to kill a deer under a welding hood tho.....

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:, Way too much info:-D

Good lookin grub tho! Mom used a saucer too.

Any of ya'll remember the 6 1/2 ounce Coke bottles?
My Mom always used one of those to tenderize meat.
I can still her her pounding away in the kitchen sometimes.
Thanks for the memories.

Heck yeah that looks tasty!! Venison and hog smothered in gravy.... bet it was delicious Paul!
You cook like a master chef and eat like a king. :thumb:

I'm jealous of your hot tub. Great way to relax after a hard days work. I need to get me one of those. :becky:

Good lookin' grub! It points to the great diversity of this sight. I have seen everything from Wagu briskets worth more than my truck to down home cookin' with local game on this sight. Makes it fun!

Any of ya'll remember the 6 1/2 ounce Coke bottles?
My Mom always used one of those to tenderize meat.
I can still her her pounding away in the kitchen sometimes.
Thanks for the memories.

I remember those bottles well... Heck i use to beat the ditches up so i could find them and turn them in for some change... Your right they were an excellent tenderizer......

Mighty Fine eeten there! And Good Luck to your low down, no good ref payin off football team too! But seriously. Hope Bama takes it all the way again. The SEC has to Represent what with the new PC College rankings and such. ;D

Hey Paul,
Wish I was there to done with you on that FARKING FEAST!

Question for ya. Last time through Alabama I bought 2 bottles of the Southern Flavor Cajun seasoning. I hven't tried it yet. Is it any good? I love the original.

Hey Paul,
Wish I was there to done with you on that FARKING FEAST!

Question for ya. Last time through Alabama I bought 2 bottles of the Southern Flavor Cajun seasoning. I hven't tried it yet. Is it any good? I love the original.

Yes sir it is very good .... I have sent the southern flavor charbroiled seasoning to several people... And they love it.... It is an open invitation... Anyone who reads this and never tried it pm me and i will send you some... To try...
The next time you are in Alabama... Come by the house... You have a free place to stay brother.....

Back