Wow, Lowe's needs to get with it (Kingsford Sale)

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Both Home Depot and Lowe's are offering 20 pound twin packs (40 lbs total) of Kingsford blue for $9.88. However, Lowe's is limiting to two per customer. Guess I'll be shopping at HD!

I bought six two packs at Lowes on Friday for the advertised price and had no problem checking out

I bought six two packs at Lowes on Friday for the advertised price and had no problem checking out

Maybe it's just the web site then:

18m2vs.png

Memorial day I bought 6 two-packs from Lowes online (the site said "limit 2") but the order went through anyway and I picked up locally the same day.

I worked there for many years and refuse to shop there for personal reasons. If I need something I go to HD or Ace.

I worked there for many years and refuse to shop there for personal reasons. If I need something I go to HD or Ace.

I never worked there but also have my reasons to support Home Depot.

Both Lowes and HD have never enforced this on my past purchases.

Maybe it's just the web site then:

18m2vs.png

I think it just depends on the Lowes and their employees. I was at Lowes yesterday here in Edmond and there was a sign up limiting to 2 twin packs I believe (didn't pay attention to the limit because I just wanted one twin pack). I bet its a company policy but some stores/employees just ignore it.

Lowes honors other stores offers I believe.

It says even on the store display limit of 2 but most of the time they will let you slide with 4 or 5 as long as you don't try to buy 20 or 30. Plus you can tell them HD has a limit if 10 and most of the time they will also match that.

I had 5 two packs yesterday and the cashier said

"I hate to break the bad news to you, but there's a limit of two packs." I said, that's ok...I'll just come right back and get two more and then I'll come back again. So I took the first pair to the car and came back. He said he'd just check me out for the rest. I told him myn4 yr old son wanted a couple packs and he laughed and said ok. A now debating about whether to go get more tomorrow. I have a shed in the back yard that would work well for charcoal storage.

By the way, Kroger was selling 16 lb bags (singles) for $8.99 today. :)

My cashier told me about the limit as I bought 3 but let me go just fine. I assume they're losing money on the deal or that Kingsford allocates a certain amount per store so they want to limit it to give more customers a chance to buy some instead of a few walking out with the majority of stock. I think people's mentality that they're entitled to wipe out inventory on special deals is the reason we don't see more of them

Reminds me of a dog chasing it's tail.

Just Buy quality lump and Kingsford Competition.

IMHO

Yesterday I went to Sam's Club. They also sell the 2x20 packs, but for $18. I got them to price match the Home Depot/Lowe's price. All it took was talking to 2 managers and threatening to spend my money elsewhere.

Yesterday I went to Sam's Club. They also sell the 2x20 packs, but for $18. I got them to price match the Home Depot/Lowe's price. All it took was talking to 2 managers and threatening to spend my money elsewhere.

I wish I could get to Lowes. I would make that threat with Stubbs.

You couldn't pay me enough to use Kingsford. Can't stand the smell.

Lump and Stubbs, only

Back