Thanks Uncle Sam!!!

okiesmokie78

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got my refund from the "loan" I gave THE MAN in today! Already ordered a Amazn 6" Tube and a blue Thermopop! Cant wait to get some use out of them!

Great picks! I went with the maze and a black Thermopop, but hey, what do I know?!

LOL, I just went with the 6" tube 'cause I only plan on smoking small batches of cheese and figured that would do plenty well! As far as the Thermopop goes, the misses wanted me to get pink, so we compromised on blue!:grin:

That sounds great! What sort of interest rate did you get?

I see the accountant on Friday.. So Im practicing now...

faf4896fe8059e1e3ea1bf1ed9553877b7911c3f5682906c2de12f98e8b8ecb7.jpg

LOL, I just went with the 6" tube 'cause I only plan on smoking small batches of cheese and figured that would do plenty well! As far as the Thermopop goes, the misses wanted me to get pink, so we compromised on blue!:grin:

Good choice man! I love my thermopop. I think your made the right choice for buying the 6" tube smoker, Here's a little bit of information on smoking cheese with the amazen tube smoker! Did my first batch last week after I purchased a 12". I used it in my WSM with no water pan. Worked great but the 12" burns up to 4 hours. Everywhere I did research on smoking cheese they recommended a 4 hour smoke! Which is why I bought the 12". The 6" is up to 2 2-1/2 hr burn.

So everything went great! 4 hours worth of smoke. Letting it sit in the fridge for 4 weeks. They say the smoke mellows the longer it ages. Now I'm looking at everything related to smoking cheese and all of a sudden all my information people suggest 2 - 2 1/2 of smoke! WHAT HAPPENED TO 4 HOURS?????? So I'm really hoping 4 hours didn't just ruin my batch of cheese! If its still real strong when 4 weeks come around I will probably use it for chili and stuff instead of something like slices on crackers.

We will see when 4 weeks comes around. But I think I would of been better of with the 6" and doing a 2 hr smoke! Wonder how this 12" will run with half load of pellets? Bet they run like crap unless its full!

Oh yeah! Should of just bought a pink and a blue one! :thumb:

Good choice man! I love my thermopop. I think your made the right choice for buying the 6" tube smoker, Here's a little bit of information on smoking cheese with the amazen tube smoker! Did my first batch last week after I purchased a 12". I used it in my WSM with no water pan. Worked great but the 12" burns up to 4 hours. Everywhere I did research on smoking cheese they recommended a 4 hour smoke! Which is why I bought the 12". The 6" is up to 2 2-1/2 hr burn.

So everything went great! 4 hours worth of smoke. Letting it sit in the fridge for 4 weeks. They say the smoke mellows the longer it ages. Now I'm looking at everything related to smoking cheese and all of a sudden all my information people suggest 2 - 2 1/2 of smoke! WHAT HAPPENED TO 4 HOURS?????? So I'm really hoping 4 hours didn't just ruin my batch of cheese! If its still real strong when 4 weeks come around I will probably use it for chili and stuff instead of something like slices on crackers.

We will see when 4 weeks comes around. But I think I would of been better of with the 6" and doing a 2 hr smoke! Wonder how this 12" will run with half load of pellets? Bet they run like crap unless its full!

Oh yeah! Should of just bought a pink and a blue one! :thumb:

The funny thing is that I have smoked plenty of cheese before but i normally smoke it in a homemade frankensmoker I built from a tupperware container. I use Olde Barbeque brand smoke cones and only smoked for close to 45 mins to an hour, then i let it rest for usually 2 days. it had an amazing smokey flavor and always received rave reviews from friends and family. I started hearing the same as you about the 4 hour smoke and I thought that just seemed overkill! I figured I would meet in the middle and do a 1-2 hour smoke and rest about 2 weeks to see how better or worse it is!

I too have the Amazen 6" smoking tube. It works really well on my gas grill for steaks and burgers and My Weber GA.

Back