Nitrile gloves question

hachi-roku_fan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I did a quick search and noticed that no one ever mentioned if a particular type of gloves imparts any taste to the meat when handling. Has anyone ever had any bad experiences? I just looked up the ones I buy at harbor freight to work on the cars, and they are food grade but really stink, so I'm concerned about any favors that might transfer. Do you guys do anything with them on before handling food (pre wash)?

Thanks!

I use them all the time, also buy from Harbor Freight. Never had any that smell, not sure about that, I use the mid priced white ones.

Maybe I'll look into the white ones. The ones I have at home are the blue ones, which according to harbor freight are food grade. Thanks!

I don't know about the gloves from Harbor Freight, but the Costco nitrile gloves are good for working with food. I would just make sure they are powder-free.

I use the blue ones from Harbor Freight all the time. Never had a problem. I also use them over the white cotton gloves from Harbor Freight for handling hot meats and pulling pork.

Thank you everyone for your responses! I'll give these a try since I just bought a whole box the last time I was in

I use the blue HF gloves, no problems. I always wash them after I put them on before handling anything. Also use them over the HF string gloves for the hot meats.

Back