%^*~#! Ribs!

Dave, you're heading the right direction, but trust me, KISS. The simpler, the better. Mixing and matching is usually a recipe for failure.

I've seen a LOT mentioned here about temps. Has anyone told you where you're supposed to measure temperature? The reason I ask is that most people starting off are measure it WRONG. Temps are to be measured on you cooking surface; definitely NOT by the external mounted thermometer. Whether you use oven thermometers, or a slick Maverick type of device, measure on the cook surface.

Like most said, 275 give or take for ribs. BB's/Loin's usually right at 4 hours total. Spares a little longer. They've given you 2 good tests above; both the bend test and the toothpick test work great. You dont have to foil; but you can if you'd like. I do, but that's to govern the amount of smoke.

I had a great friend try and try and try, and his always came out like eating leather. I walked up first time with an oven thermometer in hand and found out rather quickly that what he thought was 250 was more like 210...

Most smokers, if not over-fueled, will settle in nicely in that 250-280 range with a very clean burn; let it. Dont choke it down.

Bbq is done when it's done lol, don't rush it, if they are not tender they are not done it doesn't matter the temp, it just takes longer at lower temps.

I usually only do SLC ribs. Start the smoker, and go peel the membrane and rub them down. When the pit stabilizes at 275*, on they go. Two hours later, grab them and wrap them. After three hours since the start, I grab them and unwrap them. After 3.5 hours, I check for tenderness via the bend test and a toothpick between the bones. They are usually done by the 4 hour mark.

I don't spritz, I don't put anything in the foil, and they come out tender and juicy every time, good bark and a very slight pull from the bone.

Back