New way to transport my UDS

kevine

Full Fledged Farker
I have a cargo basket that I use on the trailer hitch of my truck to take my UDS camping. However, my cargo basket was only about 20" wide, so I made a square out of 2x4, that was bolted to the cargo basket. It basically kept my UDS from sliding side to side, etc. I then used ratchet straps. Well, I finally started teaching myself how to weld. One of the projects on my list, in addition to finding 100+ gallon propane tank to make a smoker, was to modify my cargo basket so that my UDS would fit into it. Here ya go...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 474
Thanks everyone. The welds are ugly. Had to do a lot of grinding and re-welding but it's strong and functional. Since I only use this thing for hauling the UDS, it made sense to make the mod. It's very purpose specific

Looks good. You did a nice job on the design to make it look factory. I use one a hitch basket haul my 22 wsm, a otg and a cooler when needed. I specifically bought it for this purpose and found one that is 24x60.

Ooh-Rah! Nothing better than seeing a UDS on the back of a pickup going down the highway. But as deerslayer says, might want to do something about the license plate. Years ago I got pulled over twice in one night just for not having my rear plate lit up-NY law.

Heck, mount the plate right on the ugly.

Back