THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

legendaryhog

is Blowin Smoke!
Well Easter was upon us and although I myself do not have religion, I am more than happy to participate in feasting aspect of any holiday.....and Easter means lamb.

Unfortunately, Easter also means Easter-side. What is Easter-side you ask? It is a made up holiday that only occurs on Easter by some idiot friends of mine that involves only drinking at bars on the East side of Mass St, which is our downtown....and the pub crawl starts at One O'clock. So the challenge is....hog..can you hold your chit together and not fark up dinner when everyone comes over at Seven O'clock? For those who are not rocket scientists that is five, nay six hours of pub crawl! (however, slight cheating, I got a ride home early and prepped and put the lamb on...but since it was still Easter-side, and the beer fridge is on the East side of my house I figured....still within the rules!).

One ten pound bone-in leg of US lamb.

IMG_0185.jpg

De-boned and trimmed of excess fat.

IMG_0186.jpg

Cut a roast off for another time. Bone went into the gravy pot.

IMG_0187.jpg

Rub it up! Coarse chopped garlic, olive oil, just a little salt, pepper, and rosemary.

IMG_0188.jpg

Buzzed twine skills, roll it back up (I'm actually usually a bit better at tying one up than this, but hey, Easter-side will get ya). More rub for the outside.

IMG_0189.jpg

Onto the BGE at 325 degrees with chunks of alder. Pulled at 121 degrees, put on the counter to rest and tented with foil.

IMG_0192.jpg

Most everyone knows a proper rest is necessary, but for those who are doubtful about what it really does for you, that sucker cooked and rose about 15 degrees while resting (the top temp)...to a perfect medium rare.

IMG_0193.jpg

No plated pics. We were way, way to hungry to wait, here is a pick of the leg at some point during the craving though. Some like their lamb burnt to a crisp, I like mine bloody as hell.

IMG_0196.jpg

Oh, lamb...how I love thee. Easter is becoming my spring Thanksgiving. And I couldn't be happier. Happy Easter/Easter-side!

Back