IGrill2

mcease

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the IGrill2? My local BBQ store got them in finally and I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one. My thought process of getting one over the maverick is because I already have an iphone and don't really want another monitoring device. What are your thoughts vs the maverick?

I've heard iGrill customer support sucks. I got the Maverick over the iGrill2 because I was tired of waiting for the next round to come out. You get one today, but they haven't released their new probes. I like the Maverick. Everyone says you can read it on your phone, but I just put the Maverick down on my coffee table and watch football. That's a little over 8 walls and 100 feet and I can still get a reading. I doubt iGrill can match that.

The unavailability of the Pro probes is my biggest gripe. Otherwise the product works well and when I have had to contact their customer service group the experience has been positive. It is a Bluetooth device, so the range is not going to be that great, but my primary use is in and around our competition site and it works great for that.

I don't use the graphing feature on the iGrill 2, but I know that Brother Enrico is not happy with that aspect since the graph time is too short for his needs.

I'm still holding out to hear more feed back on the Tappecue. Wi-fi would be MUCH better than bluetooth or radio frequency but I just haven't seen much of a track record yet for the company.:-D
http://www.tappecue.com/

I have had one of the original iGrill's for a couple years. I just dug it out to use this weekend after not using it for a while. The issue I have with it is the bluetooth connecting. If you disconnect from the device its difficult to pair back up. You have to hold all three buttons down to reset it then it will pair up. Problem is that reset clears the alarm temps so they will both start beeping until the software takes over. Hopefully this is not an issue with the new one.

I'm waiting for them to work all the bugs out and maybe another review from someone who bought these new probes before I pull the trigger. The 4 probe capability is quite appealing though.

I'm about to break down and buy a maverick. I"ve heard great things about them.

Back