Pellets

Are they heating pellets or food safe pellets?

At that price I'd guess that they are heating pellets and not food safe.

They say for fuel on Greenway site, but nothing about smoking or grilling food. I personally would not trust them.

I just checked our local TSC online.
No pellets, but a KILLER price on Royal Oak chunks.
Normal $9.95 on closeout for $.50!!!!!!!!

TIM

I dont want to start a fight here but there isnt such a thing as a food grade pellet no government standard. there isnt anything wrong with useing heating pellets you just got to do your homework folks.:-D:-D:-D

I dont want to start a fight here but there isnt such a thing as a food grade pellet no government standard. there isnt anything wrong with useing heating pellets you just got to do your homework folks.:-D:-D:-D
A correction. the 40# bag is $5.46. You might visit the pelletheads site to start your homework. Is KBB food grade?

Just because there isn't a government standard that doesn't mean that food grade pellets aren't processed differently. It's not worth saving less than a dollar per cook for me to take a chance on heating pellets.

When i can buy hickory pellets for $5 per 20lb bag from a trusted saw mill or !00% oak for the sam price in 40lb bags im buying them sorry im not giving $15 a bag for some labeled food grade you just got to research your scource.

When i can buy hickory pellets for $5 per 20lb bag from a trusted saw mill or !00% oak for the sam price in 40lb bags im buying them sorry im not giving $15 a bag for some labeled food grade you just got to research your scource.

It's your health, your call.

I am a electrician and one of our regular customers is a local pellet manufacturing company. They only do heating pellets and there is no way I would be throwing them in my yoder. Anything and everything goes into those pellets. From scrap plywood to rotten stumps. We spend good money on good meat, same should go for the fuel your cooking it on.

I dont beleive they ship you would have to call and ask. We drove the 2hrs up and back and bought 4000# in 40lb bags( 100% oak) and 2000# (hickory) in 20# bags. cost us $60 in gas we split this 5 ways. we got a good price buying this much:-D:-D oops and yes there is a price difference.

Back