First brisket

diveyouth

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok guys. For most of you this will be a good giggle tonight. I had a 3 1/2 lb whole brisket (no typo, it was a 3 1/2 lb). I had never done a brisket before. So last night I trimmed it up, S&P'd it then covered with Oakridge Comp Beef rub and left it in the fridge over night. Put it on the stick burner this morning and it was done in 5 hours. I was scared that it was going to turn out tough but I followed all the instructions that I gleaned from all you brethren. It turned out AWESOME. No pics because I didn't think it was gonna turn out good, but it must have been because it's all gone!

I'm glad it came out well! I have never seen a 3 1/2 lb whole brisket.

glad it worked out for you, always nice when a plan comes together

Flat and point= 3.5# ? Not just a flat? Glad it was good!

I cooked a HEB "super trimmed" full brisket that was 6LBS for a friend last weekend. I thought that was small for a full brisket.

Yep there was a point and a flat. Actually I have another one that is smaller than that (around 3 lbs)

I've gotten some 5 lbs trimmed briskets, didn't think they could be much smaller. They cook up nicely, I'm glad your first came out so well.

Here's some pron for any mini brisky Na sayers.

3 1/2 pounds??....sounds like somebody mismarked a tri-tip.

Here's the other smaller briskette

Attachments

• brisket1.png
    brisket1.png
    5 KB · Views: 128
  • brisket2.png
    brisket2.png
    5 KB · Views: 127
can't figure out why my pics didn't show. Anyway I have another that is 2.31 lbs

I am happy it turned out well and i have seen some small briskets here, the smallest was a 6 pound packer and that is not a typo! Thai cows are not fed that well!

I bought 2 half packer briskets from HEB last weekend. Looks like it was about a 7 or 8 pound packer, trimmed and then cut in half so that there was flat and point on each piece. Will be great for me and the wife.

My son-in-law raises miniature cattle--think they're called Irish Dexter cattle. The T-bones look more like lamb chops!

Back