Oakridge Jah Love Jamaican Jerk Seasoning

wbzipf

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just made some grilled chicken seasoned with Oakridge's Jah Love Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. I also made some Caribbean beans and rice to accompany the jerk chicken.

All I can say is that rub is excellent! I followed the recipie by mixing the seasoning with equal parts peanut oil and let it marinade on the chicken for 6 hours. When I think of jerk chicken, this is what I think of.

I couldn't be more pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone wanting an good jerk seasoning.

Sounds good. I love jerk flavor but never make it myself. Need to try it.

I also followed the directions precisely and I found it to be incredibly spicy. Too spicy to eat. And I enjoy spice.

I was at Fruita Wood and BBQ in Grand Junction last week and they gave me a little sample of pretty much everything they have and Jah Love was one of them. It had a really good flavor and a pretty good kick. I did not buy any on this trip (cuz I bought everything else) but will definitely add it to my next rub order.

I highly recommend buying from them (Fruita) if you have a chance. :eusa_clap

Used some on some red snapper last week. Spicy!!! It's the real deal. Good stuff Maynard! :thumb: Just as good as Walkerswood.

I've been using Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (hot/spicy version) lately and really like it, but it's pretty pricey considering I use up a whole bottle to marinate with everytime. I'll have to get some of the Oakridge rub with the peanut oil combo. Thank you for relating your experience!

I also followed the directions precisely and I found it to be incredibly spicy. Too spicy to eat. And I enjoy spice.

If you like the flavor but just not the heat, save your leftovers and try it again the next day. I've found the heat calms down quite a bit after it's been cooked, refrigerated, then reheated the next day.

Spicy?! Can't wait, I just picked up your habenero rub and think it's great. Whenever the local retailer picks up this rub I'm buying it out

Thanks for the review. My next Oak Ridge order will include a bag of the jerk seasoning. If it's as spicy as HDD I'm going to love it.

I will definitely be ordering some of this when they have their holiday sale!

I hate I waited to order this so now wont have it before the holiday

Back