Tripped on some good burgers....

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I got this burger press/stuffer thingy. (Don't get one, it's a pig-in-a-poke.) Start using it and it turns into a complete cluster. After a couple of failed attempts I just gave up. Since about half the burger was now mixed with blue cheese and I had a bunch of jalapeno slices with blue cheese and hamburger on them I had to figure something out.

I thought, what the hell. I threw all the burger (~2.5 lbs) back in the mixing bowl, diced up 3 jalapenos and dumped them in, and added the whole container of blue cheese. The mixture seemed a little dry so I added about 1/4 bottle of BBQ sauce. I threw in ~ 2 Tbsp. SPOG.

Grilled them indirect until medium then threw them on the direct side and got a nice sear.

I'm tellin' ya, these were some good burgers. I figured the cheese would pretty much just disappear, but it stayed put with little chunks of cheese throughout the burger. The jalaps gave it a nice little kick and the SPOG seemed to work perfectly with the other components.

I don't think I'll be stuffing burgers anymore....

Sorry, no pics cause I thought it was a fail from the git....

VR,
Harold

Sounds pretty good. Bleu cheese, jalapeños, and bacon are my favorite things on a burger. That mix probably woulda made some good moinks.

Sounds pretty good. Bleu cheese, jalapeños, and bacon are my favorite things on a burger. That mix probably woulda made some good moinks.

See, that right there, that's why I come here to hang out. Moinks... Bacon... Genius. High up on the list. Thanks.

VR,
Harold

So I got this burger press/stuffer thingy. (Don't get one, it's a pig-in-a-poke.) Start using it and it turns into a complete cluster. After a couple of failed attempts I just gave up. Since about half the burger was now mixed with blue cheese and I had a bunch of jalapeno slices with blue cheese and hamburger on them I had to figure something out.

I thought, what the hell. I threw all the burger (~2.5 lbs) back in the mixing bowl, diced up 3 jalapenos and dumped them in, and added the whole container of blue cheese. The mixture seemed a little dry so I added about 1/4 bottle of BBQ sauce. I threw in ~ 2 Tbsp. SPOG.

Grilled them indirect until medium then threw them on the direct side and got a nice sear.

I'm tellin' ya, these were some good burgers. I figured the cheese would pretty much just disappear, but it stayed put with little chunks of cheese throughout the burger. The jalaps gave it a nice little kick and the SPOG seemed to work perfectly with the other components.

I don't think I'll be stuffing burgers anymore....

Sorry, no pics cause I thought it was a fail from the git....

VR,
Harold

Ya, but it sure can make some giant ice cream sandwiches!:clap2:

I don't care much for those hamburger stuffers. The one I have, it seems like I have to use almost a pound of ground beef to make one stuffed burger. It also takes forever to cook one.

Back